jamorel

Distinguished member
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Calgary
In my journey I have come across several people who are trying to make a difference. They provide hope and inspiration through their efforts, love and good work. Here are two young ladies... I will add more individuals as I find them. They deserve a big hugg and a big big thank you:grin:

Kinja Njilas who lost her mother to ALS
Raising ALS Awareness - My Life With ALS - About Me

Michelle Rozen in support of ALS Awareness:
NeverGiveUp4PALS.org ABOUT

Jodi, you go GIRL! I would nominate Joel C from our forum, David who maintains and gives us this wonderful forum, Dick and Liz Millete [not certain of the spelling] and also Stuart from ALS Guardian Angels to start with from this site-there are so many more-Capt Al, zenarcher we could have such a long list of Hero's and Heroine's! This is a fabulous idea. hugs, Kay Marie

Let's start a long list then! I think it is a great place to show that there are people out there who care and who are dedicating their time and their efforts to make a difference. These are the people I admire: the ones who are doing it out of love and not for money.

Wow, I am so honoured Jamorel. Thank you so much for posting my link and for the amazing comments you wrote. I am lost for words. When i started my journey i never in a million years expected to touch as many people's lives as I have in the past 4 years... Here's another initiative that I am starting for Kids of those with ALS mainly , but also for everyone else .. take a look :) CICKA FUND 4 ALS - Home

Kinga, I looked at your site briefly ( I am suppose to be working) and I will read it through thoroughly later tonight. I think it looks great and I have added it to my Hope for Joy facebook page as I know there are FB fans there who are teens of ALS. I think it will both inspire and encourage them. Thanks so much! I will read more and get back to you through your site. Big hug! Jodi aka jamorel

Kinga, welcome to the forum. I want to say how sorry I am about your mom,every one of us here knows what this disease does, not only to those directly afflicted but also to their family and friends so please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.

I applaud you for what you are doing to help ALS research, I know it will make a difference. My wife's niece, Marion Paibomesai, is working for us for a few months and she mentioed that she knew you from school so I feel like we are friends already.

Barry

It occurred to me that I should add this list to my blog! Please add anyone who you think should be added and I will try to add them to my site. I can then send it out to everyone on the Hope for Joy facebook page, twitter and linked in, which will help bring more attention to what they are doing and what we are trying to accomplish: beat ALS.
If you want to see the blog as it is now, it is at: Hope for Joy
I just created this and all of the social links, in late January but it is growing. Please follow, make comments or add recommendations. If I see someone selling something like snake oil... I will delete them of course. :)
All the best and my prayers go out to everyone affected by the earth quake in Chile. Jodi

Does anyone else know of anyone else to add? I would love to see a longer list and help get the word out.

Does my website count? I tried to make this helpful for people affected by ALS.
My Life With ALS

Feel free to link my blog if you like: Jen's Journey. It is not an activist site but more a story of living with ALS. Best, Jennifer

Joel, I added your website, thank you so much. Please have a look and tell me if I should change the wording. I want to be sure I am communicating what you wish...
Jen, I added yours but I started to cry (what can I say, I have a little boy who is 18 months old) so what I wrote was terribly short. I don't have the words... it is beautifully written and should be shared. I don't necessarily need activists, I need voices. Voices are activists. I want to make sure that you are heard, and I am using and trying everything within in power and even perhaps a bit beyond it, to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back