Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello all from sunny Arizona! Thanks for all of the visitor messages and picture comments! I have posted some pictures in my album and will keep putting more in as I go along so have a look. I wish all of you could be here, it is such a nice break from winter. :cool::cool::cool:

So what are you doing here? Go out & have some fun!

"See" you when you get home!LOL

Last edited:
too cold for me lol

I am having fun and just sitting on the patio in the sun is all I need. I can do a few hours of having fun and then I need to sit down for a while.
More pictures coming! :cool::cool:

Love you, Barry! Take all the pleasure you can and don't over do things - though you can sit down all you want;-)

Enjoy the heat my friend! Wish I could join you!

warm sounds good to me right now. It is so cold here today..You take in all the sun you can and Vit. D ......rich and I are leaving for Utah tomorrow but I think it is just about as cold there. Have fun but don't over do it... L

So as part of the holiday excitement on Sunday we went on a driving tour of Organ Pipe National Monument and saw lots of cactus and other desert stuff, after that we drove to Lukeville on the Arizona - Mexico border to look at birds and see the wall that is now seperating the two countries. After we saw the wall and the birds we drove back north towards Ajo (me driving our rented Ford Explorer) and about 5 miles north of the border I saw flashing red and blue lights in the rear view mirror. So I pulled over and got my IPod ready and when the border patrol agent came to my window I said "Hi" and then Beth who was in the passenger seat said "Barry has a speech problem and uses this machine to talk. The officer said "OK, we pulled you over because we get suspicious when people drive to the border and then don't cross and your vehicle has no licence plate" (it has a sticker in the window but the windows are dark so he couldnt see it). So Beth told him that we were bird watching and he said "OK, are you US citizens?" Beth said "No, Canadian" and he said "Oh, Ok I assume you all (our friends Bob and Linda and their dog were in the back seat) have the proper documents? We said yes and he sent us on our way. Linda said to me that in the ten years that they have wintered here (they are from Hinton) they have never been pulled over and I told her that it was just my luck.

There are signs all over here that say watch out for illegal immigration and smuggling and today Beth and Bob saw some illegals being rounded up by fish and wildlife officers. You have to be really desperate to try to cross 50+ miles of this desert landscape, even in February it wouldn't be fun.

More adventure awaits! 8)

Barry-
This sounds like the makings of a good Forum Follies!

Barry,

That sounds like my husband's luck! LOL What an experience! What an adventure! Did you get a picture of the border patrol agent? HA!

Barry,
Must have been the "dodgie" guy in the sunnies and hat that caught the border agent's attention. :lol:8)

Enjoy your time there, looks great from the photos.

Cheers
Peter

Barry,

You're having such a great time, we get to share it vicariously in a small way.

Wonderful pictures :)

oh, the desert heat! i want some

Hello all, still having a great time in sunny Arizona! Yesterday we travelled to Kitt Peak National Observatory, about a 1 1/2 hour drive south east of Ajo and I got to meet John1 and his dog Chewie from Newfoundland who is in Tucson for the winter. John and Chewie drove for an hour and met us at the road that goes up the mountain from Kitt Peak and then I got to ride up the mountain in John's van with Chewie on my lap. It was a great day and a privilege to meet another forum member in person, I wish I could meet everyone here face to face.

I have put some new pictures in my album and will upload more later. Here are John, Chewie and me in the desert and also a picture of my "office" in the Morgan's back yard patio in Ajo uploading photos and checking emails.

Heading home tomorrow, back to the snow and cold, brrrr!

Attachments

• DSC_0286.jpg
    DSC_0286.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC_0135.jpg
    DSC_0135.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 327
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back