28 Jan 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not available in my graphic region.

Nor me
(must be a US only thing)

cheers
Peter

Couldn't get it either ... it shut down my browser. Probably CBS screwed up something.

If you can't get the link to this video, here is a description of the new program:

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 15 (UPI) -- "Survivor" host Jeff Probst is set to star in a U.S. reality special about a man with Lou Gehrig's disease trying to live his life to the fullest, CBS said.

The one-hour program "Live for the Moment" is to be broadcast Jan. 28 on the network.

Probst takes Roger Childs, a family man diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, "on a series of adventures, creating family memories and sharing powerful life lessons," CBS said in a news release. "The inspirational way in which Roger lives his life just might change the way viewers live theirs."

"There is nothing like this on television right now: great adventure and powerful life lessons. I think we are all yearning for something more, something that will inspire," Probst said. "Future episodes might include someone who survived a plane crash or maybe a professional athlete who suffered a life-changing injury."

ALS is a fatal neurodegenerative disease affecting motor nerves and voluntary muscles.

Must be too cold up here - not available

Well it sounds interesting, all I can say is I hope that they dont screw it up. Kinda reminds me of the screen writer we had on here a while back asking questions :roll::roll: I hope that he wasn't one of the writers!

Well, the 28th JAn is the day the man with electric wheelchairs comes to see me, so it may changeg mylife anyway...
And if I had the money, I would go swim (float?) with dolphins and sharks, get taken to the tops of mountains, try to be useful on an animal rescue farm, etc;etc;
adventure when you are handicapped comes down to money - lack of it!
I hope the programme doesnt give the impression this is a bundle of laughs.
Oops, realise I am sounding just a bit bitter there - forgive me. Going through bad days at the moment.

Irismarie, I soul agree with everything that you said-I looked at the trailer and thought, hmmmmm....so they found this handsome PALS that doesn't even look like he has ALS-he has money and they make a reality program that is sooooo far removed from the real reality of it for 99.9% of the PALS and CALS...that's show business for you. Honestly, it makes me sad because it doesn't do much for us except set us up.

The second promo is a little more in depth. He has lost shoulder strength and fine motor control in his hands. He seems positive and the show pays for him to take his boys to NASA, snow ski and fly in a plane,etc. It is a new concept for reality TV. I am not sure how informative it will be about ALS but has an opportunity to inspire other people. I will try and to watch it.

My daughter just told me about this and if you go onto the ALS Assoc. web site its all there on the front page. I called my dad because it looks to be inspirational. Normally I would watch it first because he likes to not have to deal with what is going to happen to him down the road, but I think this will be a good one. It will raise awareness at the very least!
Hugs to all!
Blubear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back