Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello everyone, I was looking at my email yesterday and noticed that I had not opened a message that was labelled "Message from Santa". I remembered that I had not opened it because I thought that it was spam, anyway when I did open it yesterday I was surprised. I don't know which of Santa's elves told him about me but whoever it was I appreciate it.

PNP > A message from Santa Claus | Portable North-Pole | Sympatico.ca Holidays

That is soooo funny! It sounds like your Beth is the one who tipped Santa off about you. I hope you get that present!
xo

Rosella, it is already booked for the first week of February. We have friends from here who winter in Ajo every year and we decided to go and see the desert with them. Our friends are avid birders and so is Beth so they are looking forward to seeing all of the birds that we never see here. I am looking forward to just sitting in the shade of a big cactus and reading a book while the others hike.

My only worry is the airport and airplane part of the trip. I guess I cant take my formula through security so I will have to go hungry until I can get to my checked luggage. At least the flight is direct and only three hours so as long as I can take my syringe I will be able to have a drink.

Last edited:
Barry, sounds like a great trip.
Enjoy the warm climate and dont lean too hard on the cactus, i hear the thorns could be a real pain in the a*** :lol::lol:

cheers
Peter

FANTASTIC! Have a great time.

Talk to the airline in advance so there are no surprises when you arrive at the airport.

Joel, thanks for the advice. My niece is a booking agent for WestJet so she has flagged me for all the bells and whistles like a wheelchair and whatever so I should be ok. As long as no one asks me any questions when I don't have a talker or wife handy. And imagine the looks when the full body patdown discovers my peg tube! (It's a stomach bomb!)

Congrats on the trip, hope you have a great time! Is there any way that you could manage to get a picture of their faces when they do a pat down?

Cool Barry! Wish I had known about the website before Christmas, as our son informed us he no longer believes in Santa. It would have been fun to see his face!

Hope you and your wife have a great time!

FUNtabulous! I esp liked hearing from Santa that you "leave the seat down"! Have a great time and check with the airlines to see if you can bring your food. hugs, kay Marie

That's great Barry! I'm so happy to hear that you are going on this adventure! I'm sure you will be awed by the beauty of Arizona. It is definitely on my list of places to visit. Take lots of pictures and like Peter said don't lean too hard on the cactuses (cacti? I'm never sure how to spell it.)

Also be sure to talk to the airline in advance I'd be surprised if they can't make an exception to their liquid rule although security is even tighter these days. (It boggles my mind how these breeches of security occur. My friend couldn't bring a small jar of Schwartz' deli mustard on the plane in Canada but some wacko gets on in Amsterdam with explosives concealed in his underwear. Crazy world.)

Anyway, I think it is really great that you and Beth will be going on this bird watching trip together. Does she have an awesome camera?

Rosella, maybe I could pass myself off as a great big baby (not hard to believe as all I can do now is babble like a baby and I can cry really easily) because mothers are allowed to take formula through security as long as they have the baby with them.

I have a great camera, Nikon D80 DSLR and a 70-300mm zoom, so as long as I don't have to chase the birds I will get some good shots. I can do scenery though so I will post some cactus shots when I get back.

Kay Marie, I am so well trained!

CJ, I hope that the website is still there for your son next year, it is a lot of fun.

Colleen, I will have to describe it to you cause they get a little funny when you take pictures at security areas and I don't want to be tasered. :shock::shock:

Barry that was impressive. Congrats for being on the right list! You sir are coming to the good side of the border! LOL!

Shucks! I knew it all along! He does exist!

Barry ... congratulations on making Santa's nice boy's list! I think you've been pretty nice, too ... and I didn't even know about the toilet seat!

Have a great time in Arizona! Bring plenty of sun block!

Barry, disguising yourself as a giant baby could work. I'm sure this exists and there has to be a TLC special about great big babies that look like adults. LOL.

I'm very happy to hear you have such a nice digital SLR. You will come home with some stunning images I am sure. Can't wait to see them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back