Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Although I don't know whether to be happy or sad...

Our 9 year old son went Christmas shopping with our neighbor. They stopped at a grocery store and he spent his Christmas money on groceries for his Daddy! He bought all the things his Daddy likes: canned spinach, a variety of soups, chicken broth for homemade soup, pork and beans, pudding, brownie mix, etc...

My husband and I really teared up. Just when you think you'll never get through to the little guy, he does the sweetest things. Our neighbor told me that the store manager overheard him discussing his list of groceries he wanted to buy for his Daddy and was so touched that she gave him $5.00 to spend on himself.

Merry Christmas little fella! Thank you!

Oh that is what Christmas is really about.. I am so touched.. My husband is adopted, and I often think about your little guy, that is so sweet. It is only proof that he is in the most wonderful family. Your love for your guys is shining through with this act of selflessness for your little guy... Thank you for sharing.:):):):):)

CJ,

What a thoughtful act!

Merry Christmas!

Kim

CJ, you hug that little guy for us! YEAH!

CJ-
Be happy! That is the true meaning of Christmas, giving to others and I'm sure that is what you have taught him. So, he is doing that as well as showing his love for his Daddy! And the feeling he is getting when he sees your pleasure & approval is a great reward for him.

Pat yourself on the back for doing such a great job of raising a caring & loving son.
Merry Christmas- now pass the Kleenex! LOL

Marianne

A definite reflection of the parents. Be proud !

Glen

WOW,What a thoughtful boy, He sure knows the meaning of Christmas. God Bless all of you & hope you have blessed New Year.
Sharon

Wow what a sweet little guy. You must be so proud! Thanks for sharing.
Dana

Great story, he knows that Christmas is about the giving and receiving of love, not "stuff". He loves his dad and knows what will make him happy. You should be happy that you have raised such a thoughtful and unselfish kid, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Merry Christmas to your family!

Last edited:
Oh CJ, your little guy is a such a sweetheart... I agree with Mare you should be so happy and proud. You are raising a wonderful kid who understands the true meaning of Christmas Thanks for sharing this heartwarming experience.... sniff sniff.

Merry Christmas! xoxo

Merry christmas to all of y'all! I love you guys! Hope your holiday is the best as it can be!

How sweet - my 5 year old went shopping with my mom - she got daddy a new coat since he is always cold now. It's amazing what they pick up on.

Here's to hoping that a compasionate child comes out of this mess.

CJ--Thanks for sharing your son's spirit with us. As I was grading midterm exams, I had to stop because I can't see them anymore (tears). Great kid, wonderful parents!
JK

It says a lot about the parents.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back