Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Yakima
I am sorry for the negative feelings that you have, at least towards religious institutions. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Each morning, Richard, a fellow member of my congregation, gives my wife a break by dressing me, giving me range of motion stretching on the bed. Then helps my wife transfer me to the wheelchair. Then Richard takes me to the bathroom where I get my face and hands washed, teeth brushed and face shaved. Then three afternoons each week, other men from my congregation are with me so that Joyce can run errands or just get away for some personal time. Women sign up for the opportunity to bring us a dinner twice weekly.
As far as sin. No one in our religion believes that the trials in this life are punishment for sin. Some adversities may be a consequence of our choices, but most trials are a part of living in a fallen world. In fact, our opportunity to face opposition and grow stronger with the experience, helps us be better prepared for our return to Heavenly Father. For if Jesus Christ suffered beyond anything that anyone else will be called upon to suffer, and He being Holy and without sin, then what cause have I, being far from perfect, to be bitter and curse God because of my afflictions.
I am a graduate of the U of A school of Medicine, graduate of the U of Saskatchewan Family Medicine Residency program, and practiced in both Saskatchewan and Washington State.

Re: Hello from Edmonton

Hey B Kite'
You live Gods Blessings everyday as well as I! Some people get it, others will never see it. My Daughter asked the other day why am I still working? (2 days a week) and I told her my Job was a blessing not just to me but to so many over the years. This past 6 months and the next month or so has given me the opportunity to share my blessings and my Savior with so many. My personal outlook on this mess is one of fear but with Jesus guiding me I find nothing but peace and it is comforting when I share that with others. Its a selfish thing for me but somewhat of a comfort for others. I just keep following the light.. I was raised up in a Baptist Church in the Midwest and my church home now is with my work family and the little country churches we get to see in our travels. As much as I may suffer physically I will never come close to the one who died for me and all of us and we will end up with him....I do envy with a happy smile your Brothers who help. Thats my prayer for when the time comes my Brothers in Christ show up to help me as well as my little Lady! Thank You for sharing BKite

Arlee,

I have a Bible study at home every Monday. Would you like me to put you and your wife on our prayer list? The study is led by a former Baptist pastor. We come from all denominations but recognize that we are all one church and Jesus Christ is the head.

Thank You Kim!!
That's the best News of the Day! We all need all the help we can get! We would be honored And if you do not mind I would like to return the blessing to you. We have a wonderful group I call them the Major Leaguers .

A

Great! I love when people offer to pray for me. And my group is blessed to be able to pray for the PALS and CALS here who ask. If God is for us, then who can be against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back