Old 04-15-2016, 02:36 PM #16 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Default Re: You never know in life

Janelles response is probably a good illustration of why this post does not belong in the religion section. I generally stay out of this area, but followed this tread in out of curiosity. I did not take the original admonishment to be religious and was so prized by the move. IMH0, this is the only section of the site that shouldn't necessarily be a judgement free zone. I tend to add "in my opinion" in front of everything I read. Religion, IMHO is seldom that tolerant, so I'll see you all back on the nonreligious version of this thread.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:28 AM #17 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute

I moved this into religion because it was ethically prescriptive, and had "right to life" overtones. I felt it was jarring (and possibly frightening to newbies) where it was.

I'm open to suggestions -- should I have deleted the last part and left it where it was? I try not to delete things, obviously. At any rate, I'm sorry, Janelle et.al., for any distress that move precipitated.

Dawood has a near-duplicate post in the original location, which I have left, so he has double the exposure -- not sure what else I can do here, so over and out.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited by lgelb : 04-16-2016 at 02:34 AM
Old 04-16-2016, 07:01 AM #18 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

Oh shoot, I'm not sure there's an answer here that will please everyone. Maybe this is a lesson in "letting it go" and just trying to respect what EVERYONE's thoughts and intentions. Laurie, I didn't mean to be critical. I'm also afraid that I've upset our sweet, funny Janelle. I didn't mean to--just conversation.

Becky
Thanks from
scaredwifetx (04-16-2016)
Closed Thread

Tags
als, brain, christmas, death, depressed, diagnosed, feeding, feeding tube, hours, life, locked in, morphine, night, nurses, paralyzed, questions, stroke, therapy, tobii, treatment, ventilator, wanted, wheelchair, wrong