Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
I have noticed Charlene has not logged on for a couple of weeks nor responding to messages and I am worried about her. If you can include her in your prayers- the weather where she lives is alive with spring, the smell of flowers and all growing things. It has been a beautiful week and I am hoping Charlene is out and enjoying it.

Fiona

Yes indeed, Charlene and her husband Peter remain in my prayers.

Fiona, it is a worry. I hope charlene is ok...

Adding Charlene to my prayers.

I have been praying for Charlene, as I have noticed her absence.

Steve

I believe Charlene and Audrey were very good friends. It is possible Charlene was in contact with Audrey in her final days. These last 6 weeks have been so heartbreaking for me and I'm sure many others. I myself have considered bowing out of the forums. Such kind and wonderful spirits that we have to keep saying goodbye to. I know there is so much support given and received but there are days I just don't won't to log on anymore. I love you all but my soul just aches.

Vince

Vince,

For me, an important part of accepting my diagnosis and moving on with a productive life was coming to grips with my own mortality and the mortality of others close to me.

While it really hits me hard when one of my friends passes, it would be far sadder if I did not take advantage of the time I have remaining to fully engaged with them.

So, while it is at times hard to participate in this forum, the alternative would be worse for me.

I endeavor to live each day I have been blessed with as well as I can. Often that brings me great joy and occasionally great sadness. I accept this as the path God has allowed me to travel for His purpose. I am doing my part, as best I can, to follow that path as a faithful and obedient servant.

Steve

Vince it has been a very difficult time, I certainly agree.

I rarely read this section.
This is the first time I've ever replied here!
I've been reading this thread however as I have been hoping someone would say they have heard from Charlene.

I just want to echo what Steve said so beautifully.

I have been here several years now. I lost my Chris here, and I've watched so many PALS and CALS pass on.

I cry and I grieve every time, and sometimes it is so hard, so very hard.
Then I look at who is still here and I can only wish to give a little something to, and share a little something with each of you.

Someone once said this here, sadly I forget who, but the words have stuck with me.

LIFE is a terminal disease - ALS is just an accelerant.

We are all mortal. Life is about our connections to other people, and about how we deal with what happens. It is not about how much stuff we have, or about what happens to us.

So I stay, I love every PALS and CALS here, and I remember my own mortality and the importance of the real things in life.

Prayers being said.

Thanks Tillie, I want to be part of this forum and I know that every PAL on here is going to die , but we can support one another and share things that will make this journey for our loved ones easier and maybe easier for us. We can meet new people here and grow to care and love them , yes it's hard to say goodbye but as max would say iiwii. I think I am richer for knowing these wonderful PALS.
Love gem

I had the chance to meet her last year at our monthly meeting. Wonderful friend to have

Well said Steve! Charlene sending good vibes your way dear friend. Love you folks chally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back