Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
CA
State
B.C.
City
Surrey
Today is a particularly hard day for Audrey (Jeanau). It's her son's memorial service. He was only 37, and died unexpectedly this week. Faced with the ravages of ALS, she is now grieving an unimaginable loss. What great trials to bear! This thread is to comfort and encourage her with scripture, which she loves so much. Instead of flowers, let's send her a "spiritual bouquet" of scripture verses. I will start with a verse that Audrey herself finds especially meaningful.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil.4:13)

Dear Audrey, may you indeed experience the truth of these words. Draw from Christ's strength to carry you through. Much, much love, and lifting you up in prayer, I am
your sister in the Lord,

Charlene

Great idea Charlene,

One of my favorite passages is John 11:25-27. In it the Lord offers us the ultimate encouragement during our present travails, and confident assurance of the future.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” She said to Him, “Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world.” Jn 11:25-27 (NASB)

Audrey, I pray that the Lord comforts your shattered heart with His incomprehensible peace.

-Phil

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.

I am so sorry for your loss Audrey.

Last Sunday our pastor said something that I found very comforting. Death is not like the period at the end of a sentence but like a comma that indicates that there is more to come. I will continue to pray for you and your family.
Paulette

Thinking of you Audrey.
God bless you always.
Love Janelle x

Attachments

• 5cGGiMY2O4ZAewRm-j7G7nIzUSgUpsN6poqnKDnC8AS-cL02vp9TA-Iy3WjcpzoMOMpdBNtx0xkovS1QuEKlMISZAIeGjvE.jpeg
    5cGGiMY2O4ZAewRm-j7G7nIzUSgUpsN6poqnKDnC8AS-cL02vp9TA-Iy3WjcpzoMOMpdBNtx0xkovS1QuEKlMISZAIeGjvE.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 137
  • CAPhG0VvS5fh3SmQxQ46h1l0U0D1r182dmSdCrSMPz5wDUUjkBChq5ByYQawys4vs-yT64gvvEL36KCGHJEWZv4Xc8Wq3nL.jpeg
    CAPhG0VvS5fh3SmQxQ46h1l0U0D1r182dmSdCrSMPz5wDUUjkBChq5ByYQawys4vs-yT64gvvEL36KCGHJEWZv4Xc8Wq3nL.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 127
One of the things Grumpy would always tell me was that he would be waiting for me.
John 14:1-4
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.
Praying for you and your family.
~Kaye

Audrey (Jeanau),
Prayers for you and your family.

Lynne

Thank you very much for your kind, compassionate,and inspirational messages. The memorial service for Jimmy was wonderful...but oh so sad. I can't believe my little boy has left this world. Thank God for my faith and faith community...they/you will see me through. Again, thanks!
Audrey

Dear Audrey, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

God will wipe away all our tears in Heaven and we will be reunited with those we love.

Hang on to the strength that is in Jesus Christ. He is our rock and will see us through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back