Diagnosis
4/2016
Country
AUS
State
Western Australia
City
By the beach
I have been to see my beautiful physio and OT today.
Other than emotional support and 'checking in' they feel there is not much help they can give me. They have promised not to desert me (yes, I was a little teary when I extracted that promise) and I have total faith they won't.
As fatigue is the underlying issue to everything, they don't want to increase my work load with a heap of exercises which may or may not help.
I am in agreement, with the house, the kids and Wayne to care for, it's already more than I can handle.
There's a fine line between enjoying life as it is....and, well....not enjoying it because I'm always having a Nana Nap.
I am slightly down about it, but know that the love of our God, my family and dear friends will carry me through.
God bless, Janelle x

Psalm 46:1-5

"God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.

God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn."

A refuge as noted in the first verse is a defensive hiding place. It is a place of safety that one seeks when the enemy is after them or when things are not safe. It is a place of protection where one can find relief from the things that would seek to bring destruction. For those whom God has chosen to save by His grace He is that safe place. And not only that but he is also the offensive weapon, the strength, to destroy the enemy. So His people do not fear but find strength in Him. So that no matter what attacks us or what natural disaster besets us we will not be crushed as He and He alone protects and keeps what belongs to Him.

In the life of the believer this looks like something. When sin (our greatest enemy) overcomes or tempts us we meditate on Him and on what has been done for us. The greatest need that all men have is that their sin would be removed from them. God has accomplished this for His people. He took the punishment that I deserve for all my wickedness (my doubts, my selfishness, my feeling sorry for myself, etc) and placed it upon His Son. He then crucified Him in my place. When I recognize this, and recognize that I have no reason to feel anything but thankfulness to Him for His work, then I am finding refuge in Him. It dispels and destroys the sinful attitude of my heart and reminds me that I am nourished by the water of life that flows from Him. my Savior.

When I am feeling sorry for myself I am in a very real way saying that I do not deserve what is happening to me. This is nothing more than questioning the sovereignty of my God. When in reality, due to the sinfulness of my existence I deserve this and more, I deserve eternal punishment. The only one who did not deserve what He got was Christ. He and He alone was without sin. And yet, that He might glorify His Father and bring a people unto Himself He bore my sin in His body upon the tree that I might die to sin and live for righteousness (1 Peter 2:24). By this recognition His people turn form wickedness and seek refuge in Him their hiding place and strength. By His righteousness they will not be moved, for He who begins a good work in His people will see it through to the end. For Christ work was not in vain but it accomplished the salvation (justification, sanctification and glorification) of his people. He is our refuge, our rock, our hiding place.

Please do range of motion exercises . It takes time but your hubby can help. It is really imot to keep everything moving.

>He is our refuge, our rock, our hiding place.

Thanks Pete. Sometimes I definitely need reminders of His sacrifice made for us, and to trust in Him.

Steph, I exercise in the spa. So much easier without gravity! As it's coming into winter we have the temp cranked up...not looking forward to the first power bill!

God bless, Janelle x

>Please do range of motion exercises . It takes time but your hubby can help. It is really imot to keep everything moving

Ditto that!

Janelle, you write that the love of God will carry you through. I am convinced more and more that this journey, albeit a hard one, is a journey of God's love . . . of experiencing His love day by day, carrying me through. His love is immeasurable and incomprehensible, yet true and everlasting. As I experience the ravages of my disease, I trust in God's love for me, and I have peace and strength. He truly is our refuge, Peter, as you shared. A hiding place to go to again and again and again. And so even in our situations, as tough as they are, we can "rejoice always, pray without ceasing and give thanks in everything" (1 Thess. 5). Now THAT is victory! We are not defeated, not crushed, not despairing, and not alone in our suffering. Praise be to God in Christ!
- Charlene

Honestly have you ever felt closer to God? When I wake up, when I look out at the mountains, when a friend comes over to help, when Tim smiles and cracks a joke, when I see him in tears because of pain, all brings me to God, either to thank him, or to ask for strength. Now think of the times when you were at the top of your game, everything was great, how often did you think, talk, or thank God? Thank you Abba for doing what ever it takes to bring me back to you.

Paulette

Thank you Charlene, Paulette for your beautiful words.
Charlene I try to trust in Him always, sometimes it's very difficult, but I try.
Paulette you are quite right, we often forget to celebrate victory and success with our Lord. One thing that the kids and I have always thanked God for is a parking spot on a busy day...particularly a shady one!
God bless, Janelle x

Ditto what you said, Charlene!

The Lord IS our strength. God bless everyone here. You continue to be in my prayers and please pray for me. WE are His church, He loves each of us, He paid for ALL our sins.

Kim

Kim, you sure are in my prayers. Being in diagnosis limbo is not fun, but keep enjoying life to the max...I hope day to day things aren't too much of a struggle for you.
God bless, Janelle x

Janelle, you bring much cheer on this forum with your positive, faith-filled attitude. Paulette, I love what you wrote about being so much closer to God now. I'm experiencing the same. Before, when I was healthy and strong, I kept trying to pray more, to rise to the challenge of "pray without ceasing" (1 Thess.5) I always fell short. Now that I am weak and dependent on others for almost everything, praying without ceasing is easy! Like you, I thank Him for every thing, big and small. And like you, I turn to him when I'm feeling low. What a blessing!
- Charlene

Janelle, I know what you mean.

Insurance required me to see a PT to qualify me for the wheelchair. I saw Merlon, who I have seen for various breaks and sprains over the last decade or so (I have kind of pushed the envelope all my life, so need a good PT). We have developed a great relationship over the years. At that visit I asked if I should make follow up appointments. He said no, there is nothing he can do except provide support. He is right of course. That was over 6 months ago.

Some of you may remember my wife is a PT and wonder why I would be seeing another PT. We discovered a long time ago that while she is an excellent and highly regarded PT, I am a terrible patient:)

Steve

Some of you may remember my wife is a PT and wonder why I would be seeing another PT. We discovered a long time ago that while she is an excellent and highly regarded PT, I am a terrible patient:)

Steve

Steve I love it! At least you are honest! :)
God bless, Janelle x

Every Monday Tim and I go to my physiotherapist who got me going again after my neck surgery. Like you Steve I have pushed the envelope and loved extreme sports, meaning I have seen a lot of PTs. But Julie is special, and uses many techniques that others don't know, like acupuncture, manipulations like chiropractors, massage, taping, and has used ultrasound to help me identify a muscle that I need to engage while lifting. I use to be laid up at least 4 times a year with back strain, until I discovered what I had to do to engage this one small but very important muscle. I have been Tim's sole care giver for the last 3 years and my back has held out because of that and by the Grace of God.
She keeps my shoulders, arms and neck functioning, and works on relieving the pain in Tim's neck from his head drop. If we miss a week he suffers terribly. We also have a massage therapist come to our home on Wednesdays to work out the kinks.
So don't worry about the exercise, do swim if you have access, and stretching is a must.
Paulette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back