Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
CA
State
B.C.
City
Surrey
As a PALS, on this difficult road, facing "the valley of the shadow of death" I have been drawn to "feasting" my heart and soul on the comforting, encouraging words of Scripture as perhaps never before. No longer able to work, I have time for deeper prayer, and what a joy it is! This word from Hebrews 12 particularly lifts me up with its focus for the journey:

"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus..."

Physically, I can no longer walk. But spiritually I am running . . . no longer walking or strolling through life, but running this race God has appointed for me. "Fixing my eyes on Jesus..." keeps me in peace, dispells fear, and gives me joy even in suffering.

Anyone else with a Scripture that is personally meaningful? Let us build each other up in our faith, dear Christian friends!

- Charlene

>This word from Hebrews 12 particularly

>Anyone else with a Scripture that is personally meaningful?

hebrews 11:1 :) ... all things hopeful ...

Thanks for starting this Charlene.

Mine is Phillippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. I try to remember this when I become anxious, and it usually helps calm me.

Be still and know that I am God
Psalms 46.10

I've always loved it. I'm not good with remembering favourite verses etc. However I've remembered this one since I was 18. It's always there when I need it.
God bless, Janelle x

Psalm 23. Joyce Meyer has a teaching on this Psalm. It's probably on You Tube.

May God give you all His peace that passes all understanding.

I find Hebrews 11:13-16 to be very encouraging and bracing during our sojourn as strangers and aliens upon the earth:

All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.

It astounds me that, having simply believed God about things I can not yet see and having longed for His promises to be fulfilled, God is not ashamed to be called my God! I certainly would be ashamed to claim me. But He is not! What Grace! Maranatha!
-Phil

One of my favorites is from Revelation 7 and describes what eternity will be like. Most people think of heaven in terms of themselves; what they will get out of it, seeing loved ones, eating all they want etc... But the Scriptures are clear, everything is about God and His glory. His people who He saves through the sacrifice of His Son will be in eternity worshiping Him before His throne day and night with no concern about anything else.

"Rev. 7:9 "After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”

14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them."

I can see why all of these have encouraged us in some way.
Thank you for sharing.
God bless, Janelle x

This is not a quote from the bible, but is an amazing analogy.

In a mother’s womb were two babies. One asked the other:
“Do you believe in life after delivery?” The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one has ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”
- Útmutató a Léleknek

Paulette

This is wonderfully comforting...especially on Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Paulette...wow. I love it. Reminds me of why a love being a mum. It's amazing how things call out to us, whether it be scripture, a quote, line from a song. It's usually from where you'd least expect it.
I recently watched this pommie show called The Great Fire.
One lady wisely said to these kids, 'love the life you have, not the one you desire,'
How true is that?
God bless, Janelle x

The moving analogy that Paulette posted reminds me of this verse:

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard and neither has it entered into the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him. (1Cor.2:9)

Another one that ties in really well to the analogy is this:

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. (Phil.2:20)

- Charlene

Charlene they are both so moving. It always amazes me that words written so long ago still hold true.
God bless, Janelle x

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 1 Corinthians 15:15

If we are in Christ and he is our Lord and Savior, we only pass through this world for a short time compared to an eternity with our Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back