Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
SomewhereNice
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24

Yesterday was such a beautiful day, and for the first time in months I was able to slip away by myself and ride my bike. This verse immediately came to mind.

ALS has made life tough and I find it very hard sometimes to keep even a smidgen of belief or faith alive. I don't have answers and I don't have the miracle I want, but I still see the beauty of God's creation and I can see so many things that been put in place in my family's life to enable us to deal with ALS. I may not feel like rejoicing but I will never stop trying.

>I may not feel like rejoicing but I will never stop trying

faith is the substance of all things hoped for ...

MND has certainly made me take the phrase "sacrifice of praise" more literally!

I would thank The Lord for getting me thru the day and ask that he give me strength for tomorrow. HE DID. Joe and I both loved the poem "footprints". It was read at his funeral.

Debbie

He said 'I will never leave thee nor forsake thee'. I know that even when no one else is around, I'm not alone. That is reason enough for me to rejoice

That made me feel good

May God bless us and keep us close to Him.

Yes, Footprints is a beautiful poem.

Thanks for the support. I have been following the forum for a while and it is definitely appreciated and such a blessing!

As bad as things seem to be for us I often think about the fact that there are actually others out there suffering as much as us with other terminal diseases which are accompanied with pain (A lot more than the level of pain we have, anyway). I guess I'm saying that there is always someone out there worse off than us

By the way, I pray for everyone here everyday! The scriptures show at least 2 occasions where someone's faith healed someone ELSE so even if you think your faith is lacking you can be helped by others!

>I guess I'm saying that there is always someone out there worse off than us

that is part 2:

1: IIWII ("It Is What It Is!") ....
2:someone one else always has it worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back