Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Bellingham
Saturday I was having my usual weekend breakfast with my older Christian friends (We are all in our 50s-60s-80s) when one of the most devoted of them mentioned how moving it was for him to witness a lady's healing right before his eyes. He said he was at an luncheon a few yrs ago sitting between a minister friend & another lady when the minister suddenly announced that he sensed that someone at the table needed a healing from constant pain. My friend said the lady hesitantly raised her hand and showed her situation - one leg was at least 3 inches shorter than the other. The minister immediately asked her to sit in a position that her legs would be exposed for prayer purposes. (I think he wanted her to place her hands on the affected area). Anyway, as he prayed over her my friend said he could actually see her shorter leg growing longer! My friend said she walked out of that restaurant completely healed and my friend's faith grew expotentially starting at that moment. It can - and DOES - happen! I think the reason it doesn't happen more often is because of our lack of faith which Christ states repeatedly must be present in our hearts. We should be like the Centurion who asked Christ to heal his servant - not needing to go to his home but from right where he was standing - its the power of His Word - the words found in the Bible! Also, we should be thanking Him for answering our prayers even as we are asking for healing - before anything has physically occurred. Remember - Jesus healed EVERYONE who came to Him and He said that "greater things will be done in His name after He ascends to Heaven". These thoughts sure help get me through my day.

I know one thing for sure -- if we expect to go to Heaven then we better believe that God desires to heal us! Jesus healed everyone who came to him. (In Exodus God is called "The Healer" (Rapha) The only reason that we DON'T get healed is because we DOUBT (James 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord). In fact we are told elsewhere in the Bible to thank God in advance as we pray before we even see any evidence of our prayers being answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back