Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I wanted to share, as best I can, the experiences my husband had related to me.

The first one involves a loud, booming voice. Shortly before he was diagnosed or he even knew anything was wrong with him, he was awakened with "Get right with God!" He shot up out of bed and looked around. Nobody was there, except me and I was sleeping. Was it a dream? Maybe...

The second involves a visit to a seriously ill friend in the hospital, a little over two years ago. He had just gotten into his truck in the hospital parking lot, when a stranger appeared out of nowhere. Don said the man looked like a homeless person and was going to give him some money. The man told him (paraphrasing), "You cannot help your friend now. You are the one that is sick and needs the help. God will help you." Don said the guy started walking away and he turned the key in the ignition. He then thought he would like to pray with him, but he had vanished and he could not find him anywhere in the parking lot. His friend died shortly thereafter. NOT a dream...

The third involves a jug of water, about 3 months later. Don was on his way to Florida, by himself. He had made various repairs to his truck and always being Mr. Positive, thought he had fixed everything perfectly. Something went wrong with the radiator and he was able to get to an off ramp. He saw a small building a couple of hundred yards away. He was hoping to find someone to help him. He was trudging through the tall grass when he tripped over an empty gallon milk jug. He picked it up, hoping there was a restroom in the building, where he could draw water. It turned out this was a maintenance building, no restroom. When he was about to return to his truck, he saw a big container that had WATER written on the side. Above the container, on the wall, was this: GOD IS WATCHING OVER YOU. Coincidence? Maybe...but I rather think God was watching over him.

Last edited:
Cj, I believe they come ahead of time when we have gone astray. I believe something has to keep us on our path. I know ths now more than ever. With GOD's help and everyone here, I will complete my mission I was put here to do. I know there are some who will want to discount this but don't let them. We are not better than them just his chosen few to spread the good news.

With GOD's help we can accomplish anything,

Toto

Your husband's experiences give me goosebumps! I do believe that angels are watching over us CJ. Thank you for sharing.

*LIKE* Thanks for sharing.

Hi CJ,

Below are a few verses telling us that, indeed, God uses angels to minister to His people. I don't pretend to know whether the experiences that you shared where encounters with angels, but they are not inconsistent with what we are told about how God uses His angels in our lives.

Then the devil left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him. (Mat 4:11)

And behold, an angel of the Lord suddenly appeared and a light shone in the cell; and he struck Peter’s side and woke him up, saying, “Get up quickly.” And his chains fell off his hands. (Acts 12:7)

But to which of the angels has He ever said, “SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,
UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES
A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET”?
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?(Heb 1:13-14)

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.(Heb 13:2)

Thanks for sharing this, CJ!

What wonderful memories you have to testify not only to the Lord's involvement in your lives but to your hubby's faith.

My reading today in Psalms: The fool says in his heart 'there is no God.'

Obviously, there is.

CJ,
Wow, I have shivers. I believe with everything in me in God, that Jesus came to save us, died on the cross and rose again on the third day. He is my Saviour. I have only known one other person who had God intervene in their life this and it is very powerful. I have had my struggles with ALS, my walk with the Lord and how it all fits. I do believe God is watching over us. Thank you for sharing this. It has ministered to my soul.
Phil,
Thank you for sharing the scriptures. I miss Annie very much and I believe she would have responded much in the same way you did.
Bless each of you.
Linda

thats more than pretty cool, CJ. im not even sure what to say... all goose bumpy and all...

May we also share our 'angel' experiences?

When my daughter was about 5, we were driving to Sam's in traffic. A car coming from the other direction began a left turn that would hit the driver's side of the car at a combined 60-70 mph (I was going 40). Obviously, a fatal impact for me and severe injuries for my child who was in a booster seat in the front (no air bags). Somehow - literally in the blink of my eyes, that car was 100 feet on the opposite side of us. It was like they passed right through us. I was shaking so badly I had to pull over. I'm confident our guardian angels moved that car that day.

Anyone else have angel stories? Thank you Brooksea for starting this thread. These kinds of stories stregthen our faith, even more than when we read about them in our Bibles. Blessings to you today.

Yes thank you CJ...This is a testemony to the love Our Father has for us...Thank you Phil for the scriptures... I have so many miracle stories, one very important one I shared on Stories of Hope.

CJ, your story reminded me of one I had in the mountains of Oregon in the winter. Husband and I where driving up a mountain road, I was driving, I saw ahead a logging truck stopped and a couple of cars, but could so far enough ahead there were no cars comming so I decided to go around them all , passing in left lane with 2000ft drop off mountain, as I passed the truck, the van I was driving spun out of control, doing donuts in single lane logging truck on one side and mountain drop off on the other, I tried hard to correct it to no avail, finally thru my hands up and closed my eyes as we were going to go over the edge.....in a blink of an eye as I felt no impact I opened my eyes to see that we were atleast 200ft in front of logging truck on right side of road at a slow speed and I was not driving...I stopped the van started laughing as I knew we were saved by an angel. ....My first experience with black ice, I shall never forget. (side note ex-husband slapped me, he thought I was hysterical, not!...just happy we were being saved by a miracle.

I am so inspired my these stories and I have firmly believed in angels and angel messengers. Thank you
so much for posting these!

Notgivnup - you and I have had the same experience! I still try to figure out how the laws of physics were violated, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back