Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
MD
City
Eastern Shore of Maryland
In the spirit of keeping our threads from becoming excessively long and unfocused I thought a thread devoted to music we find encouraging and uplifting might be useful. I thought folks could post links to youtube performances, lyrics, comments on songs, etc.

I took the title of the thread from Colossians 3:16, "Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God".

We should all expect a lot of these posts to go to moderation if they contain links.

I'll start by posting this link

Rich Mullins & A Ragamuffin Band - The Color Green — Live From Studio B, 1997 - YouTube

which is a youtube video of Rich Mullins perfoming "The Color Green". It's about how all creation declares praise to the glory and goodness of God.

I hope you all find it uplifting.

Thanks phil
I will truly enjoy this section since I used to teach voice and had an opera and concert choir including singing in my church choir

Toto

"Worthy is the Lamb", by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.

If my walk with Christ has a theme, this song pretty much describes it.

Two versions of How Great Thou Art sung by Carrie Underwood... one is more sweet, one more powerful:

Phil, thanks for posting that video, I enjoyed it!

I posted 2 versions of How Great Thou Art, sung by Carrie Underwood, the second one makes me cry every time I watch it!

Excellent Phil! Thanks :)

Thanks Phil....nice video!

LIKE!

Such a fan of music...choir director, music director...yeah...who knew ? ;)

I will just put a verse and refrain from one that has been running through my head lately...will find video later and post.
"Stand By Me"

"When the road, is long and weary. Lord, stand by me. When the current pulls me under, Lord stand by me. Stand by me, stand by me, lift me up from the restless sea. When I am lost, when love can't be found; when no one cares, Lord....stand by me."

Thanks for posting such great songs! I love Rich Mullins and Carrie Underwood. Thought you guys might enjoy Twila Paris. I don't know how to post a link but I really love "The Warrior is a Child" and "Every Heart that is Breaking Tonight". Hope they might be an encouragement to you guys too.

:smile:Cindy

I must have posted the links wrong, but I did it the way I've always have... have they changed the procedure here? Not sure if it's that or if the moderators haven't had a chance to peruse everything... Anyway, check out Carrie Underwood's How Great Thou Art with Vince Gill, it makes me cry every time I see it. But I'm still trying to figure out who everyone in the audience is, who's the guy in the hat? Can't think of who he is, must be a country music star.

Helen, they did change it I believe. David had a post about it but I can't find it. Maybe Phil can remind us how to do it?

Helen, they did change it I believe. David had a post about it but I can't find it. Maybe Phil can remind us how to do it?

I'm unaware of any changes to posting links. Every time I have done so, it has gone to moderation - even links internal to the forum. I thought I remember that the forum rules prohibited posting links to sites selling stuff, but I can't seem to locate the current rules on posting links.

I looked on David's profile page to find his recent posts, and didn't see any related to changes in posting links.

So my suggestion is to post a link if it isn't trying to sell something, and then just be patient for it to be approved by the moderator.

Here's another great Rich Mullin's song titled "If I Stand". It speaks of our total dependence upon God: His promises and His grace.

I love the last line: "And if I weep, let me weep as a man who is longing for his home." So may my grief not be for things that I've lost in this world, but for my longing to be home indeed - that my mind may be set on things above, not on things upon the earth. (Col 3:2)

The link contains the lyrics. As an experiment, I typed in the address so it doesn't automatically create a hotlink. I don't know if that will allow it to avoid being sent to moderation land or not - that's why it's an experiment. So just copy and paste in your browser window.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tm2A5IJlOWk

OK, the experiment seems to have had a successful outcome. It didn't get moderated, and if the address is copied into the browser it works.

So it appears that perhaps only hotlinks automatically trigger moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back