Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
tx
City
Dallas
Our amazing, beautiful and best friend left us yesterday and said goodbye to his pain. Cinders was not just a dog, he was part of our family. He lived almost 16 years and had a wonderful life. I had to make a tough decision to end his pain and let him go . I sat down on the floor in the vets and held his head in my lap while I stroked his head and talked to him. He died in peace and I miss him.

This is twice in two months that I have held a member of my families head in my arms while telling them how much I loved them and that it was ok to close their eyes and move on. I am trying so hard to stay strong and I always get drawn outside of myself by logging on here.

Thank you everyone. You don't know how you all have helped me by sharing and supporting.

My condolences on the loss of your dear companion and cherished family member. The unjudgemental and unwavering love that a dog gives is such a gift. I am sorry you are having to experience this grief.

So sorry for your loss, Deb. I'm sure Cinders enjoyed being in your family circle very much.

Best,
Laurie

So sorry Deb, but I'm glad you held him and it was peaceful for him.
The loss of a dog is a very deep loss, I hope you can find peace amongst all this grief xxx

That really hurts...I speak from experience.
I hope Harlee out lives me, because it would rip my heart out to loose her.

Deb, that's so sad.
There's a special place in our hearts just for pets.
I don't think we even know that place truly exists until we lose a beloved furry baby...
My heart goes out to you.

My deepest condolences.

My wife and I are animal lovers and know just how hard it is to lose the furry members of our families.

Steve

Deb, I am so sorry. We've fallen in love with our Heidi, and I know the day I lose her will be a terrible one.

Becky

I am so sorry for the loss of your Cinders. I lost my dog, Nicky, last month. I had to make that awful decision to end his pain, too. He was a little over 16 years old and everybody called him my shadow because he followed me (and only me) everywhere. I was so close to that little guy. I was devastated and my husband would not support me in the decision to euthanize him, which hurt me deeply. He said to me, "you better not do this to me." He refused to see how much pain the dog was in. I still am so very sad over the loss of my best friend and understand your pain, Deb.

Sharon

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog. They give us such unconditional love and companionship. It's a hard but necessary choice to make.
Sending you peace-filled thoughts,
Margaret

Thanks everyone for the condolences. I am sorry Sharon for the loss of shadow and the dealing of the choice alone. Steve took a while to come around but in the end he did and was in the room with us. I worried so much about making the decision due to Steve. There were several reasons for my worry but I do know that it has to be tough for them. They are dealing with the losses vaused by this horrible disease while we have to make the decision to end our dogs pain. This is not a decision that should have to be made in our lifes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back