Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
Just venting as I know there are so many that are much worse off than me but I want to share this day.

Woke up at 4:30 am. Could not get back to sleep. Just laid there for 2 hours so I wouldn't wake up my wife. We are now 1 month in to our home remodel so we are living with my parents in their spare bedroom. Sigh. My wife wakes up at 6:30 and gets ready for work. She gets my meds ready and my tube feeding, kisses me on the head and off to work she goes. It's my routine every morning. So I prop myself up in the bed (remember this is not MY bed but my parent's) grab the little stopper on the end of my tube and....it tears off the tube and comes off in my hand. Oh well, not attached anymore but I can still use it to plug the end. Not a big deal.

Now, grab my boost, mixed with warm water (about 12 ounces of sticky liquid) and begin to pour in the tube. Out of nowhere, my hand seizes up and I drop the boost. It completely soaks me, the blanket and all the way down to the mattress. I strip the bed, soak up as much as I can and hit the shower. Ruined the pillow top mattress.

My wife called the surgeons office who inserted my Peg Tube to find out the model number and manufacturer so we could order a new Y Port that would have the new stopper on it. She was told they would not give us the information as they did not want us attempting to replace the part. We would have to schedule a "procedure" at the hospital (not the physician's office) to replace the Y Port. Remember, this is the hospital that nearly killed me when I had the tube placed. Well, needless to say my wife went off in a major way but we got nowhere. If I have to, I'll use duct tape before I ever go back there.

Then, got the emails from Duke about my request for a PWC. I know I'm being a big baby but I wish I could yell. Just for a minute. I had to settle for typing a "certain" word over and over on my iPad. Thanks for letting me rant.

Vince

Absolutely entitled to rant. Some days it does not pay to get out of bed. Except, well, you had to...
Somehow typing it on the ipad does not seem to replace yelling. sorry. May tomorrow be better

Vince, This is so hard. You try to do things for yourself and craziness ensues. I am so sorry this happened to you today. Steve recently dropped a 20 oz plastic tumbler filled with cranberry juice all over the new floors. I felt bad because he felt helpless. His hand cramped and he dropped it.

The whole bit with getting things approved is a major stressor. I think I lost my mind late last spring to summer with trying to get equipment and the remodel
Just try to breathe deep, laugh at how absurd it all is, and keep trying..

Type that word as often as you need, it does help only a little bit, but well anything that helps ...

That really was a terribly crappy start to the day, rant away, your situation is yours, not to be compared to others. I don't blame you for not wanting to go to a hospital for what is a simple replacement at all!

Vince,

We all need to rant once in awhile. Feel free to do it here!

Some days are like that, though yours seems to have been a triple whammy.

Yet, remember that most days are going to go a whole lot better than this one!

Steve

Heres hoping your day today is better than yesterday

Vince, rant all you want. It was a crappy day!!

Matt likes his V8 first thing in the morning, and now sometimes in the middle of hte night. I put lids on the Tervis tumblers, but he takes them off. V8 makes a huge mess too!!

Becky

Do you have the straws,Becky? Steve wont drink out of them without the straws.

Well things went off without a hitch this morning so today will be a better day. Gonna go buy my mom a new mattress this weekend. The least I can do considering we've been invading their space for a month now.

Vince

big cheers from here that you had a better start to the day, and now all that crap is only yesterday crap ;)

I will yell for you any time!
Anna

Glad you are having a better day Vince,

Thanks everybody. It's Friday! Get to spend two days with my wife! Happy.

Vince

Hey Vince let it go, read some of " Tuesday with Morrie". That usually put things in perspective for me! Yea don't go near that hospital!
As far as fixing it yourself remember " If ya can't DUCT IT.... F--K IT". Mountaineers tonight 6pm. Love ya bro chally

Vince, I read your experiences with trying to get a wheelchair without having to go back to your doc's with dismay. And pile on all the other mishaps, it's no wonder you were steamed. How overwhelmingly frustrating.

I hope your weekend is going better. Someone needs to come up with a big red button that when you hit it (not press gently- HIT!) it comes out with a variety of preprogrammed words that suit your needs. There's a clip doing the rounds online of a cockatoo using some words not fit for all the nice people here, but if you google cockatoo, saskatchewan parrot rescue, Pebble, I bet you'll find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back