Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Round Hill
We made it to Europe and have had a fabulous time. Hubby has been using a rented scooter and it has been wonderful. He was resistant at first, but he has been able to do so much with it, that is is a non-issue now. We have done Berlin, Prague and now Vienna with our daughters and it has been a terrific time together.

My one major complaint was the hotel in Vienna. I had checked that it had an elevator, but didn't realize that it had two small sets of stairs to get into the building. He can still go up the stairs himself, so this wasn't a big deal. The girls and I then lifted the scooter up and down the stairs. The front desk staff watched us do this several times a day and never offered any help or suggestions. Sometimes other guests helped us. Two young men and one woman watched us from behind the desk. All spoke english. Again, we thought little about it and just did what we needed to do. Today is our fourth day here at the same hotel and a low a behold a weekend staffer asked us if we wanted to use the ramp! Sure enough, behind a door in the lobby is a short ramp into the garage. Piece of cake! She even programmed our room key so we could use the garage door and get in and out of the hotel, via said ramp, independently! FOUR DAYS! Four days before someone told us there was an easy ramp on the other side of the lobby! When I said something to the other front desk staffer who has been here EVERYDAY and watched us lift the scooter up and down, she just shrugged! The other one was super apologetic. We have had a good trip and otherwise the hotel has been fine, but I am having trouble letting this one go. Will be writing to management, that's for sure.

Tracy

I think you should definitely bring it to the attention of management! You'll help others who stay at that hotel.

Tracy, ditto what Jeanau said! I'd like to know what hotel before we head to Europe!

But so happy that the rest of trip is going well. What a special time for you all! Congratulations! Would love to see pictures when you get back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back