Diagnosis
4/2016
Country
AUS
State
Western Australia
City
By the beach
Today I saw a lady I have known forever.
Apparently I look 'Fantastic '
Oh.
I don't remember the last time I could be bothered to brush my hair. Or wash it, come to think of it.
I can't be bothered to shave my legs because...I can't be bothered.
I am so exhausted my good eye is having trouble staying open, whilst the bad eye doesn't really shut properly.
My face is constantly tear stained.
My eyes are red from said tears.
The black bags under my eyes seem to cover most of my face...sleep? It's 2.10am here.no sleep yet.
I feel like that damn donkey stuck in the well and no one has started to shovel dirt in so I can start shaking off and stepping up so I can get out...
BUT...I look fantastic.
Wow. When I am good, I must really dazzle!
I will get out of the well. I just need time to figure out how to shovel dirt from down here!

Thanks. I feel better.
God bless, Janelle x

I always look fantastic- fabulous- great- wonderful too. I don't think people are lying. If they know what is wrong with us if we are not dead we look terrific. I find myself doing similar with a lady I know who has cancer and to me she does look great
Good luck with the well

Yup....I get that also, it is kinda like we should look as bad as we talk or walk etc.
Just a few weeks back when I got my taxes done, my CPA greeted me with "man you look great"....then when I started to speak he couldn't understand me, and I almost feel over my cane on the way to his office. I had not seen him for a year, and I guess he expected me to look horrible.

> I guess he expected me to look horrible

Well ... he had met you before, yes? ;^)

I would spend a couple of hours getting Chris ready for the odd times people did visit. He would try to ensure he did as little moving as possible while anyone was here so they would not see the effort and spasticity.

So someone would arrive, walk in and say hi to him, and the moment they got what they thought was an appropriate moment they would exclaim to me - but he looks so well!

I have no idea now how I managed to just smile and move away.

Janelle I think you top him though, I'm sure no one went as far as fantastic!

]

Greg...has anybody ever told you that you are a TURD?:twisted:

>If they know what is wrong with us if we are not dead we look terrific.

:)

>Greg...has anybody ever told you that you are a TURD?

now, now -- glass houses :)

I did get sort of a compliment... "You've lost so much weight... I wish I could." :)

TURD?

Now, if someone had told him he was kind, polite, considerate, caring and loving... that would kinda remind me of myself. :)

Bigmark, I think your accountant was sweet talking you so when he told you $$$ for taxes, you didn't hit him with the cane!

Al, you are so right. I love the saying "do as you would be done by". One thing this has taught me, to THINK about what I want to say before I say it. Blessings are everywhere I just need to look.

Aahhh Tillie...my "F" word is a winner! Haven't won much ever! Will let you know if I get any words that top "fantastic "! Will be waiting in anticipation I think!
Thanks Tillie. ..kind of puts a fun spin on it all...

Janelle, you're rather new to the Forum. When I wrote, "that would kinda remind me of myself"... there are senior members who may have had a few choice words they uttered to themselves when they read that one! :) But... I'm trying. :)

>When I wrote, "that would kinda remind me of myself"... there are senior members who may have had a few choice words they uttered to themselves when they read that one! But... I'm trying.

really :)

Al, that's decidedly wicked! ;) But I must say, I do love the thought process behind it!
Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back