Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
TN
City
CLeveland
Helping my mom with a bath tonight my heart I think literally broke :( it shouldn't be this way.. We had so many years of taking care of my grandmother together that this is supposed to be our time !me and my mom...but instead als came along ... I am so angry and so sad but would not give up a single moment I have left with her

It is good that you have each other. ALS or no ALS enjoy all the time you have together. I am sorry for your pain.

So sorry to hear about your pain as well. Spend all the time you can with your mom and take it one day at a time. Sending you a big hug, Kim

Mandy would you mind adding the date your mum was diagnosed to your profile, I find that really helps me when reading and replying.

I found after the first couple of months that I could hold that pain back most of the time and just do what I had to do to care for my husband.

Then sometimes it would just hit me in the face like you are describing and I would be shocked as deeply as ever. But I would face it, accept it somehow, and go back to giving the best care I could and having every moment with him that I could.

We understand, none of it is even close to fair, IT SUCKS xxx

I hope I added it correctly tillie:)..... I am trying so much to cherish every moment just like with my grandmother ...

Perfect Mandy!

I knew you were newly diagnosed, but now I'm always reminded, thank you for adding that it really helps.

Cherish each moment when you can, grieve when you have to. The ride is not smooth, but we are with you.

Sorry about your mom Mandy. My mom was bulbar onset also, but she was 85 when she was diagnosed. I agree with you that it sucks big time, and honestly I am still in shock and disbelief that als defined her last chapter in life. It sounds like you and your mom are very close, and that is a blessing for your mom now. I wish you strength.

Trina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back