Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
I am totally over the increase in advertising on the forum.

More and more often I click on links and full page ads open instead of the link to a thread or post.

Today I have advertising everywhere and I'm logged in.

Every time I click on a link here I can see down in the status bar all kinds of advertising sites being called while I wait for the page to load.

I know the site has to be run, I have many domains and sites myself. But intrusive advertising like this is driving me nuts and will risk me not wanting to come here.

Are you all getting the same and it is getting worse?

I am not? Using ipad. What are you using?

I am totally over the increase in advertising on the forum.

More and more often I click on links and full page ads open instead of the link to a thread or post.

Today I have advertising everywhere and I'm logged in.

Every time I click on a link here I can see down in the status bar all kinds of advertising sites being called while I wait for the page to load.

I know the site has to be run, I have many domains and sites myself. But intrusive advertising like this is driving me nuts and will risk me not wanting to come here.

Are you all getting the same and it is getting worse?

Tillie

Tillie....I used to have the same issue. I found out how to block the ads, but it was months ago and I can't freakin remember how I did it. Perhaps MadMax could enlighten you on how to get rid of that crap....

>Are you all getting the same and it is getting worse?

I get no ads once I log on w/ pc

I'm using google chrome on macbook pro Nikki.

It's gone totally crazy and I will look up about ad blocking but the site IS using a gazillion types of advertising if anyone looks up their cookie history.

I'm glad it's not escalated like this for everyone, I'm moving on now and will look at it tomorrow. Takes too long to do anything with all the crap flashing everywhere.

what device?

just tested ipad air/chrome, no ads

I've noticed the increase in ads, too, when I use my tablet that doesn't have an adblocker on it. Everytime I log in, all I see is shoes, shoes, shoes, everywhere. Ugly orthopedic shoes. Everywhere. (I've been doing a lot of online searching for new shoes bc I just got an AFO). You might want to try adaware and see if that helps.

> Everytime I log in, all I see is shoes, shoes, shoes, everywhere. Ugly orthopedic shoes. Everywhere.

Sorry, Suz, this made me laugh.

Using kindle fire and pc here. No ads visible.

no ads for me... sorry Tillie :(

you have to have a ad blocker. this site is bad for ads. i have some trying to through the blocker some times.

I'm running Chrome on an iPad mini w/o any blocker. No ads.

Do you get the same on other forums?

I'm using iPad and not getting any ads.
Love Gem

Here's an example of what I'm seeing. One with shoes (shoes!) in the header ad (these typically show up in the middle of posts, too) and one new one that is particularly awesome and made me laugh.

I did notice that I only saw these ads when I was not logged in (which I'm typically not). When I did log in, I didn't see them.

Attachments

• Shoes!.jpg
    Shoes!.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 266
  • Ha!.jpg
    Ha!.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 266
thanks for the feedback

I never used to see them logged in, the last week or 2 they have been increasing, and the worst was the new tab ones when I would click on links to open threads.

I've installed an ad blocker and have to just be patient now as it lets me find and remove ads.

Still annoys the hell out of me that the site has been infused with them.

I went and spent the day with my daughter who has tonsillitis again. 2.5 hour drive there, but that's what mums do I guess. For 10 years she gets it 1 - 2 times average per year and they say that's not often enough to remove them ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back