Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
... and feel like 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bucket.
Started Friday, got worse over the weekend and just won't go away. Chest and back are sore from coughing so much, fever and chills alternate enough to keep me miserable and the congestion sucks.
Being sick, on top of having ALS, double sucks.
Thank you very much, I feel better now!

So sorry. Feel better fast. Do you have cough assist and a vest? Or if no vest someone to do chest pt?

I have no trouble coughing, just sore from so much of it! I have taken to hugging a pillow when I cough and that helps. I was having spasms that were closing my throat, making it hard to start breathing after a coughing spell. I am using a nebulizer to relieve that. Those spasms made sleep impossible Saturday and Sunday... so I slept ALOT on Monday!

Jeff,
I don't know if it will help you or not. But, our family always rub Vicks vapor rub on our chest when we have a cold or bronchitis. It seems to make us more comfortable.

How awful Jeff, seems you've been keeping our Max company :(

Double sucks indeed, I hope you are on the up now.

Hang in there Jeff.....I have been wondering how you are doing. Sucks that you are getting hammered from this too.

Attachments

• thOVV00VDS.jpg
    thOVV00VDS.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 253
My daughter started putting vicks vapor rub on her feet and then putting her socks on,have not needed to try it myself but I will if need be.

Jeff, Max sends you well wishes for a speedy healing :)

I'll ditto that!

awww Jeff--I hope you start feeling better soon. dang coughs always hang around for ever too..has your fever and chills gone yet?

Oh Jeff, I'm so sorry to read this! I hope you are feeling better soon. You really don't need to be sick on top of entertaining Uncle Lou :twisted:

Oh Jeff, I'm so sorry to read this! I hope you are feeling better soon. You really don't need to be sick on top of entertaining Uncle Lou :twisted:

Hope it's getting better for you, Jeff. Hate hearing about any of us struggling more than we already do.

Ha, uncle Lou can go...

Was just talking to our daughters the other night about the good old "Vicks" on the chest remedy! They confessed to washing it off as soon as I left the room when they were kids!
Feel better, Jeff! Keep hugging those pillows!

Feel better soon, Jeff. Maybe a hot toddy would help? My granny always swore by it.

Tracy

Hope you feel better soon, Jeff.

Hey Jeff. Thinking of you and hope you are feeling better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back