Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
SomewhereNice
The last few days have been tough at my house. It makes me so sad, mad, and frustrated that I can't make things better for my PALS. Feeling helpless and unable to offer hope sucks. It is heartbreaking and it makes me really mad. If I were a guy, I would punch the wall. I'm not so I guess I will just get *****y. Really, really *****y. Goodness knows that will make everything all better.

If you will describe the difficulty or challenge, you might very well find that others have experienced the same. And... and this is where it really gets good... you may also find that a way past, around or through the difficulty or challenge has been used to better the situation. One of my own personal coping mechanisms is to refuse to accept the crappy things and find ways to make them better. Some I've done on my own from sheer determination but much has been the result of suggestions from the many good folks here. So talk to us. Of if you need to a bit more privacy, PM one of us. Regardless, here's hoping tomorrow starts with smiles and good cheer...

Jim

Jim is right of course. Pretty much everything you will find someone who has been through it. But I know sometimes it is just the whole ALS thing. I am glad you can share your feelings here and I hope letting it put helped a smidge. Please don't punch the wall if you break your hand no fun and if you break the wall then you have to fix it! But maybe punch a pillow? Better than getting.....moody. And consider if you have not already saying this to your PALS. I am so mad because I can't fix this. Then it is shared and that might help you both. If you hold it in your PALS might detect your anger and believe it directed at them
Big hug

Thanks so much for your support. You have no idea how much it is appreciated! I was just having a moment. Luckily we regroup pretty quickly & all is well!

Lmk, That is how it is......tough hours or tough days but we regroup. We pull ourselves together and make it happen for our pals. We love them, so we do all that we can! :)

I can't pull my pants up. And I should complain ?!?

Max, you can complain. We have experienced that frustration and it is so annoying. I'm sorry.

it's got to be hard. i see what jane is going through with me. she goes in her room crying all the time now. shes always coming up with things trying to make it better for me and holding out for great hopes. but she is so sad. i miss seeing her smelling face. i don't know what to do to make it better for her.

Davbo, know this is hard for both of you. Unfortunately, not much you can do to make things better for her- except remaining the person you have always been, trying to smile, tell her you love her, and enjoying humor together. That is reward enough!

Try to get her to come here too. She might get ideas to make things easier on herself. If nothing else it'd give her a place to vent among people that truly understand

I can't pull my pants up. And I should complain ?!?

No need to complain about that Max, the sight of you without pants will make us complain! :shock:

Funny that the healthcare realm calls these things ADL's... activities of daily living.
I call them ADL's too... Additional Dignity Loss.

ALS sucks. :evil:

it's got to be hard. i see what jane is going through with me. she goes in her room crying all the time now. shes always coming up with things trying to make it better for me and holding out for great hopes. but she is so sad. i miss seeing her smelling face. i don't know what to do to make it better for her.

Hate this for you, Brother. Wish I could make it better for all of us, but some scumbag stole my magic beans.

My wife has always referred to me as her shade tree; damn if I'm not running out of leaves!

Jeff, thanks for keeping that sense of humor! When the leaves are gone, the trunk will still shade your wife!

Max if Sandy doesn't complain about your bare butt, then you should not either!

I bet it is cute

LoveMyKids,
> Goodness knows that will make everything all better
Nothing will make it all better (at least this month) but your attention and care is the best any CAL can do. This is new to you but as time goes by it will get easier.

DavBo, this is still very recent for both yourself and Jane, too. The huge emotional impact from your diagnosis _will_ start to fade and you'll both be finding your 'new normal' easier to face.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Max's butt - we had previous knowledge of it in the thread where he was discussing the electronic muscle simulator.
I'm pretty sure the attached was one of his selfies!

Attachments

• EMS.jpg
    EMS.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 485
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back