Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
SomewhereNice
I wanted to rant but after I typed it out I kept thinking of all I have to be thankful for and what an angel my PALS is. And she never gives in to ranting. So I guess that now my rant is that this disease sucks and I need to man up. "Ain't got time to bleed." (Movie reference)

"Do you have time to duck?"

I am a Ninja so I hope I can at least stop, drop, and roll.

> "Ain't got time to bleed." (Movie reference)

what movie?

Jessie Ventura in Predator. I go for the highly intellectual movies with all the good socially redeeming qualities!

I think it is important to realize that just because someone is supportive or patient, that does not necessarily mean that you should not express how you feel. Sometimes we get frustrated, even if people around us are doing everything possible to get us to cheer up. I would like to believe that this is a safe space, where you can open up.

Also…great choice in flicks (one of my favorites).

oh thank God! a rant page! 'cause they have locked the pity party thread dern it!

I know EXACTLY how you feel LoveMyKids! I want to complain about so very much.... and then feel guilty because my Steve is living with this monster with so much grace

i know this would be a good thread for my wife. i know i give her a lot to rent about.

I wanted to rant but after I typed it out I kept thinking of all I have to be thankful for and what an angel my PALS is. And she never gives in to ranting. So I guess that now my rant is that this disease sucks and I need to man up. "Ain't got time to bleed." (Movie reference)

I am still in the ranting stage. I'm actually finding it pretty therapeutic
I rant privately and then I suck it up, wipe my tears and get back to moving forward with a smile on my face

Pastor we all do that as CALS.

We wouldn't do anything else but look after our beloved PALS, but we build up a lot of stuff while doing that and it has to come out. It's healthy to get it out, then we go back into the fray in a much better position to do what we need to.

SMP you can always just start a new pity part thread! Don't let a little thing like a lock stop you thinking outside the square :D

You are so right Tillie!

So glad we have a place we can share our frustrations.

I actually do have a rant...I hate how life with ALS can just turn on a dime. One minute every things is going well and the next minute you are dealing with an ALS frustration and it is hard to regroup. We try very hard to just take a deep breath, relax, and not let the rest of the day be an ALS day. We are blessed to have a very close family that enjoys being together and that works well together, but sometimes we are less than kind to each other. And then comes the guilt. Luckily, we don't take each other seriously.

Everyone feel free to private message me if you need to vent. .

LoveMyKids I have said the same thing on here probably half a dozen times. The rollercoaster of this disease is one of the hardest things about it.

Lovemykids, want to remember that phrase you used that sums up so much---- an ALS Day! Some weeks if feels like a 24/7 preoccupation with ALS. Those are the days I most miss our " other life!" It's a difficult task to close out ALS fixation!

>Everyone feel free to private message me if you need to vent.

no need for pm for me ... had a bad ALS day desterday. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back