GA
City
Atlanta
Logging in to the ALS site requires that your password have:

• at least 1 lowercase
    at least 1 cap
    at least 1 special character or number

Typing is hard enough already

I find that frustrating, too. And then you have to change it frequently. So annoying.

Download LastPass. Free. You will not have to type in any more passwords. It can also generate safer passwords. Since it remembers them for you, they don't have to be something you can remember. Last Pass also can fill in typical forms for you which is really handy. I also hate typing anything that has a combination of upper and lower case so I made macros in Click N Type (free) for the ones I need most often. Alt plus the letter you have chosen will type your whole address or whatever for you. And the best way to type anything more than a few words is Dasher, also free. It takes a bit to get familiar with but typing speed is great.

My Mac remembers all that info, if I allow it, so all I have to do is type al and the first thing it comes up with is this forum. I click OK, and it automatically signs in for me. My husband is a PC man, and is totally biased against macs, but it works for me, and never crashes. We have both computers, with side by side desks, but I believe his needs some "work" snicker....... I shouldn't laugh, because I am the one that will have to do all the inputting. He use to build computers, but mac doesn't allow that, so that is why I think he is biased. His brother is the IT tech at the Dallas Museum of Arts, and is also biased, even though he works on both. He is a gamer, and admittedly macs are not made for gaming. I guess if I were to be honest, I would say that I am biased as well.
Paulette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back