Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
Dang, t hat snow storm hits and the whole forum goes quiet! I hope all you pals are warm and toasty by a fire!

Hi Barbie,

Toasty by the fire, up here! Hey, I know you Floridians don't give a hoot, but there's only 34 days, 18 hours until spring...

Sure miss Clearwater/Tampa/St.Pete now! Didn't when I left but going into the 3rd day of a blizzard here in Level Cross North Carolina I do! Four inches of snow here brings everything to a full slam stop. When it comes to driving... there ain't nothing like "Red Necks on Ice." What roads are open look like a long continuous demolition derby. Our road will not get plowed (the county only has three trucks with snow blades :)) so as soon as the sun melts the snow away I'll be able to get out of here. Go where? Probably go to Wal-Mart. Where was all this at Christmas? The Weather Channel ought to be called the Commercial Channel. The Discovery Channel is still looking for Big foot.The History Channel is still trying to prove there were Ancient Aliens and the Science Channel has wore out Roswell's Area 51. Remember when we had to get up to change the channel?

At least DIHALS has gone quiet too!

Or maybe they just don't like my answers ...

:lol:

Tillie I was happy about that ! no posts since 12:45 yesterday in the DIHALS!

Florida has really crazy weather--one day it is 80, the next 60 the next 80. the next 40. honestly, I don't know how to dress every morning.

I should not complain--compared to the pounding the north is taking this winter...

happy to help (may have nothing to do with me of course, but hey I'll take it that I've helped settle lots of people's nerves and got them back to their doctors)

weather is sure crazy!

Speaking of DIHALS...

I am beginning to wonder if there REALLY is a link, for these 20 and 30 year olds who "work out", "lift weights" and "run 5 miles a day" with twitching muscles, cramps and burning muscle sensation, to these new fad Energy Drinks. I'd think two or three little bottles of one of those energy drinks, stop by on the way home from the gym and grab a Starbucks Coffee would probably make a bronze statue have "twitches." And, the ones who mention they have kids, 4 months old or 4, 7 or 14 years old... that'll give ya twitches, cramps and a burning sensation! Kids don't get ulcers... but they sure are carriers! :)

But... it's all worth it when they call on the phone and say, "Hey Dad..."

good point Al, maybe we should ask them if they use energy drinks?

no wait, maybe we should just hope they stay quiet ...

but seriously I agree, the energy drinks I find great if I really need one for driving. So I buy maybe one a month. But I know more and more younger people in particular are drinking them regularly and it's a big concern.

I've never touched one myself but my ex would get those 5 hour energy drinks and she'd be wired for at least 8 hours or more. You may have something there Al

The weather here in ND has been very cold since December we have had very few days where the Temp has been above freezing. I have not counted the below zero days but I am guessing we have set a record for cold. We have not yet had a really heavy snowfall. There is a total of about 2 feet. This is good because it means low likelyhood of a flood. I hate to go outside but, sometimes I can not avoid it. Come on Spring!

Rick

sure wish it would warm up in MO...been out about 3 times in last 2 months.....going out in cold just picture a six foot fence post, with 34 inch diameter...just can't take it

Remember when the worse thing we had to deal with was the Italian soccer player who kept banging his head against the wall?!?
I for one am ready for spring.
I have tinman syndrome.

Long weekend north & south of the border will bring out the DIH'ers!
Happy Valentine's Day!

oops not 34 diameter, circumference, diameter would put me at about 500lbs instead of 170

oops not diameter but circumference......34 in diameter would make me about 500 pounds......a little heavy for 6 foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back