Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
CA
State
B.C.
City
Salmon Arm
It seems that all I do is care for Tim and do paperwork. You know the feeling you get when tax time comes around, well I have it all year round. It has been 2 ½ years since Tim and I married, and we are still doing paper work. Then there is leave from work paper work, insurance paperwork, applying for a new piece of equipment paperwork, that only leads to more paperwork. I have stacks and stacks and stacks of paper work, and of course there is the paperwork Tim needs to do, and I have to do it for him. I am sorry I am complaining, but I am ready to pull out my hair. I have to go through previous paperwork to answer some of the questions on the new paper work. Some of this paperwork is done on line, and just when I am ready to submit, the computer decides to hiccup. My step-daughter comes to me to help her with her grant paper work. You get the point. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yes, always paperwork. I have 5 pages of it just to get reimbursed for my gas and meal from the insurance company. They are the ones who sent me there.

I completely understand...there is a never ending pile of it. It seem to generate more. This form for that form. I am so sorry you have to face it all. Rant away...No apologies, that is what we are here for.

What paperwork? You mean that pile on the dining table? ;-)
I am seriously considering not enrolling in the healthcare flexible spending account at work next year because I am sooooo tired of the paper work.

A shame that Hospice workers end up spending more time on paperwork than on actually treating the patient.

I retired 11 years ago from BellSouth as an Administrative Assistant. Did I say retire? No still working.........besides the paperwork required for all insurance forms, you have to keep up with hospital bills, prescriptions and all the other stuff. I Know what you are talking about!

piles and piles

I got sent a new credit card recently as we are changing banks, do you think I can find it? I tried to tell the new bank I'm usually a very low maintenance client, but um can they file my card as lost and start me again?

bet anything I will find it the day a new one arrives, under one of the piles of paperwork no matter how many times I've looked ...

I have been feeling this too! Much of my "good energy" time has to be spent sorting receipts and papers, copying and filing, and filling out forms! Add to that each time the nurse or someone comes, they have to review my condition, ask the same questions, and fill out forms! I'm being super analyzed, but there's nothing much can be done. Oh and each time the OT sees me, she's signs off, and has to be re-referred.....WHAT?
I now know where a good part of healthcare funding is going, along with acres of trees.

There, I've ranted too.

Linda

I agree, I had to complete a whole year of profit and loss for my mortgage modification (I was self employed) they wanted Sept2012-Sept2013, I'm not behind on my payment, tried to make Dec payment (my son is helping) they won't let me make a payment until Dec 2nd, want a new profit and loss from Oct2012-Oct2013, I may have to give up on this one, I'm praying, I refinanced 2 years ago to a 15 year loan, had no idea that I would get sick, no way I can make the payments now. Can't stand the thought of more paperwork, between Medcaid and Medicare, I am fed up.

don't you hate it when you finish and file everything away and then can't remember where everything is filed when you need to re send it-re copy it-review it-

Or, before you file everything, go thru that giant pile of paper work (twice) and cant find the ONE thing you need?

You mean I am not the only one that does that? But then, one day you're looking through that same pile of paper for something else, and find the things you were looking for before, but now you don't need it.

In the last couple of days I have had several friend say that they would love to help me any way they could, but you should see there face when I tell them I would love it if they would do my paper work. They get pale, and all sweaty, snicker, snicker.

the scariest situation is my office all tidy, no piles of paperwork anywhere, and something I need not being found ...

when there are piles and piles I can usually rummage until I find whatever was needed, but when all the piles are files uh oh

It really pisses me off that I am so organized at work and can't find anything at home!

I remember one of those self improvement books saying the key to good management is only handle paper one time...ha. kitchen counter, dining room table, under my purse to take to work, next to the phone, on top of the file cabinet, in the cabinet, back to the phone table...then repeat the whole thing again.

Since my office is in my house, now that I have my PALS here all the time I just can't get on top of things, and I've let that go to a large degree as it isn't worth stressing over.

Before, I used to have the house to myself at least 3 days a week from 6.30 am, so I could do my work, organise my office, and take my ergonomic breaks by doing bits of housework. At the end of a working day the house was fairly organised and my work was done.

Now, well I just hit the ground running and end the day always nearly an hour later than I should and seem to have just chased my tail the whole time.

I have started getting home help and that is increasing again from this week, so I'm hoping that it may start to reverse that a bit, but with xmas coming I'm not sure it will help more than get me to there, still in a mess. What the hell, it is what it is eh

I HATE reading those "organization" articles with all their tips and tricks. Really? Because you have 2 pieces of paper and 4 beautiful books and a $6,000 piece of artwork on your lovely desk/bookshelf combo? What about the 900 school forms (x2 kids) and the loooovely artwork said kids have left for you all over the house? I have to keep all of it or they come unglued. I sneak broken crayons out of the house like the Mexican drug cartel. Then there is mail and bills and blah blah blah. My house forever looks like a "before" picture. :-/

Thankfully my 'Doris' handles all that thankfully....we have the joys of claiming benefit and the paperwork involved with that...scary we could be a month from losing our house...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back