Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
Golly... there are a couple PALS who post on this Forum I sure hope will lose their anger when it comes (or eventually comes) to their caregivers.

maybe, if you dont look to wind em up you wont get the anger.....johnny

admonished again. Clearly it is not experience behind those musings.

I have never posted anything in anger. I have responded to those who have posted beyond reasonable discussion or... replied in nothing but pure sarcasm without a sensible point being made. But... I also understand some lack in basic reading skills or misunderstood my point. I also use the "ignore" option which I am sure some have put my name in. To that I could care less... that door swings both ways.

I may not have experience in the area of ALS. But I sure do in another horrible disease.

In my Forum Bio Interest I could have added, “I am also a caregiver.” My wife is in the late early stage of Alzheimers Disease. A confirmed diagnosis. She takes all the Alzheimers meds that can be prescribed at this point. Everything is in place for her to receive the help (benefits) she will need in the future. She went through a long extensive process until the day her neurologist finally told her. “You have Alzheimers Disease.” We both cried. To this day, I sometimes see, she has days she is in denial. In a weird way… that’s good. Alzheimers is a very slow fatal disease.

I do know something about a fatal disease and the “confirmed” diagnostic process. We could not have got the things in place she will need in the future without a confirmed diagnosis. At least, now, that is a little peace of mind knowing that all will be approved and ready to go when needed. I do not write for sympathy. We deal with things “One day at time.” and make the best of each day. So, when I post about "confirmed diagnosis" it comes from experience and a few other areas concerning a horrible disease

I may not have experience in the area of ALS. But I sure do in another horrible disease.

In my Forum Bio Interest I could have added, “I am also a caregiver.” My wife is in the late early stage of Alzheimers Disease. A confirmed diagnosis. She takes all the Alzheimers meds that can be prescribed at this point. Everything is in place for her to receive the help (benefits) she will need in the future. She went through a long extensive process until the day her neurologist finally told her. “You have Alzheimers Disease.” We both cried. To this day, I sometimes see, she has days she is in denial. In a weird way… that’s good. Alzheimers is a very slow fatal disease.

I do know something about a fatal disease and the “confirmed” diagnostic process. We could not have got the things in place she will need in the future without a confirmed diagnosis. At least, now, that is a little peace of mind knowing that all will be approved and ready to go when needed. I do not write for sympathy. We deal with things “One day at time.” and make the best of each day. So, when I post about "confirmed diagnosis" it comes from experience and a few other areas concerning a horrible disease

I am sorry to hear that your wife has Alzheimers. It is indeed a terrible disease my grandmother past away with that disease.
Perhaps you could benefit more from an Alzheimers forum. There are lots of them and also an Alzheimers caregiver forum.

Thanks. unfortunately I am dealing with neuro issues also. Two doctors have said I am looking at an MND but no confirmed diagnosis of whatever yet. My pulmonary doctor has written my breathing difficulties are neuromuscular related. I've had an abnormal EMG. My swallowing test at the hospital verified my difficulty swallowing liquids. So, here I am.

PS Yes, we are familiar with them.

you said previously you had a thick skin...but then why so sentitive........your thread was thoughtless and disrespectful......johnny..

Might as well let it all out... my Neuro Doc said he is "suspicious" of PLS. I have Babinski Toe and the Hoffman Test was wasn't normal. But... at this time no confirmed diagnosis. Hope is... one very well known Neuro Doc said he didn't think it was ALS. You can bet I'm going with his opinion. (Next is a joke)... between my wife and I - I'm thinking about having our well water checked. And... our cat has come down with diabetes. His prescription food is a 100 bucks a month. :)

well, is your water clear.....sorry for your poor cat....it really has diabetes , you wouldnt joke about a thing like that now would you......oops, a private joke....or are you being cryptic.....we got matching toes..we got something in common besides sarcasm...no..i live in a slum and am stupid....johnny....ps, and my mother and father have only one leg each..

The "ignore" option is one of the greatest features of this Forum. Don't have a clue.

Still doesn't get it.

Anybody. Top left of this page click on "User CP.
Left side... scroll down to "Edit Ignore List".
Type in "Clearwater AL".
Then "Okay".
Now, you can be as happy as a bunny in a clover patch for the rest of your experience on this Forum. So easy.

i wouldnt ignore you muddy..........it would be so rude of me.......johnny

Below is all I see.

"This message is hidden because johnnyliverpool1 is on your ignore list."

It really works great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back