Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Scranton
Why so many locked threads? Cream rises to the top and I'm sure there are many threads that peeps would like to respond to and can't. I understand that some threads need to be locked but almost everyone on this page except 3 or 4?

One last thing. If I post a thread and it goes to mod review how long does it take to get posted or deleted and if it deleted do you receive a PM?

:end rant

No not over moderated, but under moderated!

It appears to me that all threads are closed based on a time frame after the last post. I find that extremely annoying myself. This causes numerous posts on the same subject making searching and researching difficult at best.

The posts that I've made that went to mod land just took a day or two before they pop up. By then most have probably moved on and miss it. Oh well.

If I remember right, threads that have not had a post with in 30 days get closed. Threads that have a large number of pages get closed. But you can start a new thread and continue on as before.

If I remember right, threads that have not had a post with in 30 days get closed. Threads that have a large number of pages get closed. But you can start a new thread and continue on as before.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not going to say that I agree with this rule but this would explain so many locked threads.

I'm not a person to rant too much so I'll let it go plus I'm so new I don't want to end up getting myself permabanned right off the bat over a forum rule.

The posts that I've made that went to mod land just took a day or two before they pop up. By then most have probably moved on and miss it. Oh well.

That is one question I have. What makes a post go to Mod land? and if it takes a day or two your response it could become stale in this time period. Heck and hour can make responses stale sometime or ruin the flow of a thread.

As you read some of the mod land posts when they show up you'll notice the words that the software picks up on, as well as links. You will read some posts that look funny with spaces in them to fool the sof t ware. Dr . w ith a name seems to send the message on hold. I think the moderator just takes a quick look at the post and makes sure its not spam then approves. Nothing personnel tho some take it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back