Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
When someone takes the last handicapped parking space and then walks nimbly to the door?

Did they have a disabled parking permit?
I would have taken there registration number and reported them.

Recently, we tried to park in a handicap spot, but it's access was blocked by an illegally stopped car in which the driver was texting. My friend gently beeped, he looked up, glanced at us, and resumed texting. A passerby asked him to move up so we could park. He rolled up his window. I got out of our car, with my permit in hand, and explained to him I needed access to the spot he was blocking and would he please move. His response? " F--- you!" . I was dumbfounded but told him I would pray he never gets sick. He shrugged and nonchalantly went back to texting. Just as I returned to our car, his girlfriend ( or daughter), sporting a Staples work shirt emerged from the mall and got into his car. She then poked her head out her window and screamed a litany of obscenities and they both laughed at us as they drove away.

I really don't understand how a human being can be so callous. These were not unruly teenagers.

Yes, I've always been bothered with people who park in those spots when they shouldn't. And Elaine, what a terrible experience. It's weird how people can be so thoughtless and worse. And then you have to wonder about these same people when their first response or reaction is to give you the finger or utter the words he said to you. Rude and idiotic and we don't want to let them bother us but I think they affect us anyway. Sorry!

My husband and I were cut off in a department store parking lot, they took a handicap spot in front of us. It was a man and woman neither of which appeared to have any physical disabilities jogged into the store.

Although I do not have any walking impairment, I do have a disability card, pass, or whatever it's called that allows me to park in handicap spots which I do take advantage of whenever I need to. What pisses me off is when colleagues say some thing like " where can I get one of those, or who do I have to know to get one of those" to which I always respond "trade ya".

we leave a note on the windshield that says I assume the handicap is mental (if it is obvious they have no walking issues)

I read in a book that this guy leaves a note on the windshield saying "Now that you have my parking spot, would you like my disability as well?"

or this one was my favourite:

"I am sorry, but when I was placing this notice to remind you that you had inadvertently parked in a disabled reserved park, I think my wheelchair may have dented your car and scratched your paintwork."

cracks me up!

Mind you, if it was me I really would scratch and dent the car ...

Here ya go!

Last edited:
OMG - I have seen so much of this lately! We went to the zoo and I watched 4 adults load 2 kids into their strollers and literally run to the enterance. Same when we went to the Browns training camp - two young dads carrying their kids on their shoulders then load them into the car and hop right in. And my favorite - an older couple (probably 70s) giving me a dirty look for parking in the handicapped spot next to theirs at the doctor's office. They then get out and speed walk/jog to the door while I have to help Jim out of the car because he can't do it himself. I get those looks a lot I think because people see a young family in the car and don't pay attention to what is actually happening IN the car! I actually made a young girl get OUT of the spot I was waiting for the other day. A) she wasn't handicapped B ) I was waiting on the spot first C) I told her it was in her BEST INTEREST to NOT park there - I had a man in a wheelchair that needed it more. Yeah - she moved!

@affected...great plan..love your thinking...i see it all the time where i live, as soon as the car park becomes full, it becomes a free for all for the yellow(disabled) spaces...the world is full of w**kers!

I think we should print these and put them on the cars

Attachments

• handicapped.jpg
    handicapped.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 232
I work at the hospital and we have so many people take up the handicapped parking spots when they are perfectly able to ambulate fine. Our security first tries to locate them and ask them to move if they don't have a permit. Otherwise, to teach them a lesson they started towing them off.

I have the hanger but since I can still walk we don't use it.

This is what happens when there is no consequence .....................................getting towed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back