Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
UK
State
Lanarkshire
City
Glasgow
Still WAITING to be rehoused! Have applied to 16 housing providers and now 9 months more of having to REALLY STRUGGLE to get up and down these 48 stairs to get out of the house:cry::cry: It's killing me faster than the MND. Some friends contacted Scotland Today tv news and my story was featured last week, also my MSP is trying to do what he can. Don't know what else I can do?! They all say I'm HIGH PRIORITY, so how come I'm still WAITING! Feel like I'm trapped in this flat and getting NOWHERE FAST:mad::mad::cry::cry:

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. Maybe there are only so many of these houses available and you are on the waiting list. It may mean someone else will have to be too ill to stay in housing or pass away before you can get in. Did they not explain why it is taking so long?

Thanks for your reply Vicki, they say I just need to wait until one becomes available, however, where is the fairness in that! myself and a lot of friends know of MANY people outwith the area being given houses, some of their policies STINK, Anne

I am sorry Anne that you have this struggle on top of everything else. Hoping you have good news soon

Thanks Nikki, hope I'm not waiting much longer! How are you doing? Anne

Left you a visitor message.
I see your birthday is Friday! Happy bday in advance and hoping you get good news as one of your presents!
Love
Nikki

Hey Anne, so sorry this is really so hard on you coping with those stairs!
I've just had similar except it was the bank saying we should rent the house we want to buy (meaning we need $350 more per week to pay out than now) instead of us being able to borrow more money and cover it by renting out our current house...go figure!

I truly hope you get some answers soon, it's hard to explain to them what quality of life means

Hi Affected, so sorry you had to go through those troubles with your bank:( I really hope things are sorted out soon for you! You are correct in saying these people have no concept of what quality of life means for us PALS & CALS, really hope my situation gets sorted soon :-x thanks for your reply, Anne

Hi celticgirl.
I was on high priority like you...my house was on a hill and had steep steps to get down to the house .
Stairs and steps suck when you can't get up or down them,especially if there the only way to get out of your home.
It took 18mths for me to get my adapted ground floor flat........but i only wanted it in the area where i am so longer waiting list.
I know its frustrating but these properties are hard to get....a case of someone going into a home or dying before one comes vacant.
Hang in there,it can't be much longer.

We are renting a bungalow via housing association. Our house was a listed building and could not be adapted. It took us 2 years to find an appropriate place. Hope it gets resolved soon for you.

I don't understand the ins and outs of housing, but I do hope they get to you soon! How awful to have to deal with stairs!

Hi Anne

I hope you've found suitable housing by now. I'm kind of in same boat, but about a month ago my stairs became too risky, so I stay in a lot. Housing here does not give much hope, but I have one place coming up in November (fingers crossed, even though it's our lovely winter!). So hope all works out. Only other prospect here is a nursing home (with waits even for that).
Wish you the best,
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back