Diagnosis
12/2011
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anne Arundel Co
I am not posting here very often as I would like to because it's so difficult for me to type and compose a whole post using just one or two unaffected fingers on my weak and atrophied hands.
It sometimes takes me over an hour to compose a single post because of my condition.

I believe the owners (not the mods) of this site try to make their lives easier relying on software programmed with hundreds of words that trigger "moderation" to almost 95% of all my posts and then, it takes 30+ hours for one of my posts to show up here or they don't show up at all which is very depressing.
I understand you have to keep annoying people at bay but please, don't do it at the expense of people who can barely type to compose a whole post.

So, I would like you guys to think about it and come up with some ideas that would encourage PALS to post more often.

Thanks for taking the time to read my little "rant"...

Kind regards,

NH

I just wanted to add this:

When I for example, Log off from this forum, my post count is...let's say 42 posts at that time, right?
But then, when I log back on (after a little while), my post count is below that number (?).
It would be just 41 posts.

So, my question would be: What happened to the post #42? Was it deleted?

NH

I use a fat stylus for typing, or pushing buttons NH. It makes life a lot easier. You can get them at any office supply. I ordered mine through amazon.com. Certain words or any links set off Moderation. That's why you see many posters break up certain words like Di agn nos is.

I don't know why your posts are disappearing though.

Thank you so much Ms. Pie. I will surely take your advice into consideration, very appreciated.

I am using the iPad loaned to me by our local chapter of ALS Assoc. but as you know, I have to use the fingers to type and, they are not in good shape.

I sometimes use the iPad App. called "Speak It" to compose a post then Copy/Paste it here.
By using that App., I don't have to worry about composing the whole post at once or worrying about closing the browser and losing all the effort put through composing a post.
While using "Speak It" to compose my post, I type a little bit, then take a good break for my fingers, and...again I restart my typing until I finish.

NH

Here, now I should have 53 or 54 but I only see 52 posts.

May be a "glitch" in the forum. Who knows

I believe that posts made in some parts of the forum do not count.

I believe that posts made in some parts of the forum do not count.

Thanks Momap53, for this information, very appreciated.
Perhaps, that might be the case.

NH

I also use an iPad and the stylus works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back