08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
I keep trying.

We barely exist on my SSDI a d the foodstamps. Barely. The electric is ggoi g to be shut off on the 15th, shrug. They denied the medically needy thing, they said we didn't return the forms. Hello We didn't get the forms.

I've trashed my back so bad, I couldn't go with Mel to the store. I can't move at all. She just called to tell me there were no foodstamps.

I applied. I applied on TIME. I got the notification it was approved. Thought all was good. Went onli e to look and it said I had failed to go to an interview. I didn't get told there was a darn interview.

I used the sales from last month on my books to pay the electric when they shut it off. There is no grace period here. If its due the 6th, the shut-off is for the 15th. They won't make arrangements. I tried.

I keep trying. I still don't have gas, so no stove. We buy microwave everything. For the next month, or til they approve us, we don't eat they have 30 days to decide.

I have exactly $20 to my name. That was supposed to pay for my meds. Like an idiot, I thought food was a non issue, so I spent the 40 for the doc Thursday. If I'd known, it would have paid for at least a weeks worth of groceries.

Whole point of this rant? I try, and it's never enough or never right. I'm done trying. Just done.

I'd have let the car insurance go if I'd known. Told her not to deposit it, but she already had, so that's paid. Too bad I don't have the gas or money to worry about it.

But hey, on the 30th, I'll gat $700 for my stupid books. Too little too damn late. Just too tired to keep fighting. I sold or pawned damn near everything I owned to keep the stupid apartment. There is nothing left to sell or pawn. They won't take my scooter. My phones a track phone lifeline and worthless.

I just don't know how people keep fighting to survive. I'm dome trying.

I can't relate (financially) but I want you to know I 'care'.

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions. I did read everything you wrote and you are trying very very hard. It's most commendable. Sorry for all your troubles.

Thanks for the link CJ. I used the energy assistance program to get the power on in the Apt in June.

I just needed to rant. I don't ever go out, so I have no friends. My daughter can't seem to understand these bouts of depression. I've fought it for years.

I called the FS place. Tried to do the phone interview, but apparently because I can't provide a signed affidavit as to who sent me $25.00 I've broken their rules.

Her "you have more going out than you have coming in" comment led me to explain that sometimes someone will help out a bit.

I would never expect anyone to provide such a thing to them. I explained I could send themPAYPAL notice. Not good enough. They want a signed state,ent, complete with name address and phone number of anyone that helps and how often.

With the FS and the lower rent here, we were making it. The ocassional edit or cover art job paid the bills. Barely, but it did.

Without that, I can't make it here. Just can only stretch 750 a month so far.

What's the funniest is that I would have been better off lying about the outgoing bills. Live and learn. Today's lesson: LIE to gov agencies

Patty,

Unfortunately, that's the way it has to be sometimes. I, for one, know all too well. Because I stayed home and raised my children, I don't qualify for so cial sec urity. So I guess being a nurse, a doc tor, a maid, a taxi driver and everything else a mom does, doesn't qualify as a job. I could tell a little lie and get it, but with my luck I would get caught.

So yes, tell a lie. It infuriates me that as I'm wallowing in debt, the young lady next door is collecting ssdi, medicaid and food stamps for almost 20 years by lying. And there is more than her in my neighborhood!

Toto,

Is your income too high for SSI if your earnings weren't enough for SADI?

I went to college and lived on Student Loans while I waited on my SSDI to be approved. A social worker put me in a nursing home, (I couldn't walk at the time) and had me approved within 2 weeks. Didn't hurt that my legs were so swollen I couldn't stand up, I was wearing diapers because my bladder wouldn't work, and was in so much pain I was suicidal. Rhat was 10 years ago. Maybe things have changed, but I'd contact social services and see if they can help at all.

I used to be a fixer in a previous life, then suddenly. I couldn't even fix myself and had no options if I wanted a roof over my kids head.

My poor mo. Had to divorce jer husband to get help when she was so sick. It's just wrong.

I. Quickly getting to the point I can't do anything for myself. Even the bathroo. I'm too you g for diapers. Too young to have to need my daughter to do all the shopping, all opening of bottles, pushing car locks.

I can still push micro buttons if I use a nickel.

I use my iPad almost exclusively because my fingers are getting too bad.

What's so sick is that so many of you are so much worse off.

I'd do 1thousand times better if I didn't live I. Constant stress. My BP is alarmingly high, which is a benefit insofar as my soc has no problem with my meds.

It always seems like my. Ody does all it's weird stuff at once. The biggest right now is my back is out so badly, I just can't stand up unaided at all.

02 tank is in the car, but too heavy to carry, so I'm stuck unless kid let wants to go out,too.

Only good thing is the bipap has helped a lot with the AM headaches, though it's dying and the sound keeps my daughter awake if I use it.

I'm on no new meds, but am having a lot do double vision. I'm keeping an eye patched so I can see. Have appt with that doc as soon as I can ,ale it to a lab for blood thinner levels.

Good neuro keeps wanting me to go up there again, but really don't want another EMG, which she wants. Wright gave me a link to an external one. Hoping it's less painful if my do. Even has one.

Looking back on how long I've had worse I g issues, I think this just has to PLS or some other UMN condition. Absolutely only testing signs of LMN are in my arms and hands, but when I think on it...my legs was the beginning more than 10 years ago. The Valium and Baclofen are God sends, but not enough.

Im so tempted to let the laser spine place see if they can fix my back, though local NS says its not the problem.

You all here are all so much stronger mentally than I am. I'm sure it must be an insult on some level to most here to listen to me whine when things are worse for so many.

I just miss me sometimes.

This is an amazing group of people.

Patty, thinking of you... sending a hug...

Love you, Helen!

How are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back