08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Hey All

Sorry haven't been around much. Trying to do an editing job so I can get paid.

TWO different places sent me checks. I've waited over a MONTH for both. Why haven't I gotten them, you ask?

Do I have a thieving mailman? Someone stealing from my box?

Oh no, nothing so simple. I'm an idiot. I have BOTH PEOPLE the wrong address. One was returned and will be resent at some point. the other, I have no idea.

How, when you're desperately trying to survive and pay bills--can you be idiotic enough to give the WRONG DARN ADDRESS? One was from my publisher--so I've been waiting for that check for two weeks. I kept emailing to ask where he sent it. Finally, today he answered. No clue where the other one is. It was resent a month ago. Why can't I give the wrong darn address to bill collectors, LOL. No...not me. Give the wrong one to people sending $. SIGH

I need a brain that works. Am I the only one with major brain fog issues? I'm having trouble with my writing and editing--because I can't remember anything anymore.

I have all my passwords saved on my puter because I can't remember them. I don't know how to fix my darn mind.

Someone got my banking info and has been charging crap to my account. I've been back and forth with the bank. Have to cancel the acct and my debit card and get a new one, but have to wait til SSDI has sent next months check.

Otherwise, all is good here. Still have half the house with no lights---but at least the main power is one.

My daughter took me out for a bit yesterday. Hadn't left the house since my doctor apt the 6th. I gotta get out more.

Whine Over.

I was just reading your post - when the phone rang - my husband. He explained that a long awaited cheque which we finally received on Friday is now lost... on the way to the bank. He's now re-tracing his steps. GRRRRRR!
Hope he finds the envelope - cuz I mailed cheques to other folks this morning! YIKES

I suspect brain fog happens to everyone. As does being overdrawn.

Glad you went out - if you happen to see an envelope on your next outing - PM me!

if he doesn't find it--maybe you should have the sender stop payment on it quickly? I'm so sorry--that's much worse than having one disappear in mail :(

Patty, I don't send out my bills in the mail anymore, I send a pdf of the bill to their email... ans I also specify "payable on receipt", NOT net 30. And yes, know what you mean both by the brain fog, and the not getting out!

if he doesn't find it--maybe you should have the sender stop payment on it quickly? I'm so sorry--that's much worse than having one disappear in mail :(

LOST & FOUND... envelope beside the car. PHEW!:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back