Life is hard. But it's harder when you're stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Long

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
And this week I wear the Crown of Dumb.
Doc gave Lyrica to help with cramping issues but I let my prescription run out and was 'slow' about getting it refilled. I have never been a 'meds' guy and hate the idea of sucking down so many pills every day (lyrica x 4, Rilutek x 2, etc.) so in a moment of moronic medical assessment I thought I'd try staying off the lyrica. HA! I've got tongue cramps that cause a dance Michael Jackson could never do!

Maybe it will taper off, I thought. Uh... no.
Maybe it will stay in the part of my tongue that's in the the mouth, I thought. No again.
Maybe the cramp in my throat won't kill me, I thought. For once, correct-a-mundo.
Maybe it won't spread. Really? Ya think? Um... no!
Maybe my toes are supposed to spread wide enough to resemble swim fins. Probably not.
Maybe, as my wife 'suggested', I should stay on the meds! Dang, she's always right.

Now, if they could write a prescription to cure stupid I'd be alright!

Been there, done that! My local neuro wanted me to try going off everything except Rilutek when I was first di agn os ed... WRONG! I feel your pain! Betcha don't try that again ;) I know I won't!

for years, my family dr had a sign in his offie

the 5 most dangerous words
maybe it will go away

Jeff, I tried to stay off meds. I take FOURTEEN. My body just won't let me.

Silly, take your pills like a good boy!

The Lyrica is helping with the cramps? I sure wish it'd help mine! Oh wait---my darn insurance won't pay for it and I only have the once a day samples, LOL. My doc gives me a once a day supply each month.

I'm glad you're not on Neurontin! (it's my "evil drug" of the century)

Have you gotten a PEG Yet?

Hi Jeff,

My husband too--hates meds. he was taking baclofen for cramps. He also decided to stop with the meds. cut out the baclofen first, andit seems that the cramps have subsided. not having any problems. also stopped taking nuedexta. That scared me... but certainly not as emotional as he was when he started taking it last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back