Diagnosis
03/2011
Country
US
State
MO
City
California
I used this to rant the other day and so in the order of balance, I now rave....

I want to compliment, praise and rave about what an excellant job my mom's husband does being her primary CAL.

(I am sure most of you may wonder why I do not refer to him as "stepdad". Without going in to the long torrid history the bottom line is his role is my mom's husband. I have a dad and he is the only one who will ever have the title. He was also amazing and did a great job being my Dad. I miss him everyday.)

Back to my rave... My mom's husband loves her so much. He tirelessly takes gentle care of her, ensures all her needs are constantly met, and demands the same from her professionals (hospice, too). I am proud to have him as her CAL and am always telling him thank you.

The reason she is still fighting is because of him and the great job he is doing. I know she is tired and I know he is too but there love is enduring this awful disease. It is an example to my family of how to take your vows of 'in sickness and health, in good times and in bad' and mean it.

Thank you for listening. And thank you to my mom's husband for being exactly what she needs!

v.

That is very nice to hear! Thank you for sharing.

What a great rave. Good man and good family!

Very very nice:

Good to hear.

that is so sweet! I hope you share this with him and her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back