Not open for further replies.

kiwisally

Country
OO
State
OO
City
OO
Opening a thread in an appropriate forum for everyone with the urge to lecture members about their posting, rather than in other peoples threads, where it’s just as disruptive, unproductive and antisocial as any other behaviour. If you think this lectern has not been used yet you’d be wrong! Equipment will follow.

EVERYONE, please feel free to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the mikes bend or can you lower the lectern?

No, you have to use the lift feature in your pwc!

For those without the lift feature the wee side door has all connections and service accesses.

You crack me up! :)

Okay, who left the lock off of the LOONEY BIN ! They are escaping......

(from the lectern)

Good Evening Taffy Pullers, Guests and Left Handed Complementists,

Welcome to the Fifth Annual Salt Water Taffy Producers Dinner, Dance and Silent Auction. I just have a few things to say before we begin our auction. First, thanks to all of you for making this event a success once again and thanks to the Kiwanese Bird Clubbing Society for the wonderful accommodations and tonight's fine dining experience. Later this evening we'll have dancing under the stars with music by the Mel, Ted, Candie and Wayne Moore String Quartet. Now before I kick off this auction I have just one more announcement.

Due to a generous gift from the Double T Farm Girl we will once again be presenting the Auerbach Award after tonight's auction. As you know this award honors our founder Donald Auerbach. Don was unique, and no one could say he was a man ahead of his time for he stubbornly held fast to the ways of his past. He is the reason we still pull the taffy by hand because he simply refused to buy motorized taffy pullers.

But Don was also a jovial guy; he was always laughing, and his laugh was one you never forgot. It makes me smile just to think about it. Well, enough about Don. If you want to nominate some one for the award please pick up one of the Don Keon Auerbach Award forms at the front desk, and now let's get this auction started.

I have here a bushel basket of well rippened tomatoes. I'll start the bidding at $4. Do I hear five? Five dollars? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

(hand raised from the floor)

I'll make it $4 and a piece of well used chewing gum.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are great!

I have a lecture planned for the braniacs who labeled the vase recently purchased by my mother with this enlightening sticker, "Caution, glass is fragile".

Wonder which will rate more at an auction - the vase or the label? ;)

Hi Everybody, ©
Just Sayin' ©
Bye ©

Love it! Can't wait to use it!
Jen

Tap, tap, tap. Is this thing on? Anybody, anybody? Can you hear me? Testing, testing.

Okay, take it away Toto....

First, we need to do a little arranging of the seats. Real people in the front. Twi tchers in the back. Oh come on people now, you know who you are!

I'm sorry for such a delay with tonights program. We are having quite a difficult time getting these wannabies to their right seats. Seems they don't listen to reason here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back