Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
US
State
NH
City
Nashua
Sunday, Father's Day~how bittersweet it will be for me.

Rant: Missing my Dad tremendously, I haven't yet really mourned him & I feel like I need him now more than ever. Too much personal stuff going on & could use his advice.

Rave: My oldest is graduating from high school on Father's Day. I am so super proud of her! She's going off to college to pursue a psychology degree (can't wait for her to analyze me haha!) Her college essay & scholarship essay basically both focused on ALS & what our family has gone thru. One of the essays she wrote about her hero ~not a comic book character or a famous person who might have fought for peace but her family. And yes she did win a scholarship :)

Dad~I love you & miss you sooooo much, Happy Father's Day! xoxoxo

To all the Dad's out there~those that have passed & those that are still with us~I wish you a wonderful Father's Day & hope you are able to enjoy your day the way you would like to :)

Well said.
Congrat's for being a good father yourself.

Cheers,
Casey

Oh Ellie, I'm so sorry for what you're dealing with... just know in your heart that your Dad is so proud of you and how you helped your Mom and him through this. I remember when I saw his pictures thinking that he had a life well lived... many don't... You were blessed to have him for so long.

Give me a call if you want to talk, I'm here (and I'm pretty sure you have my number, but let me know if you don't)

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation, you must be pretty proud of her! But again, another major transition, and that is hard in itself.

Give yourself some time... and permission to grieve on your timeline, not anyone else's.

Hugs,

Helen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back