08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Hey All

Had an appt with Salvation army this morning for assistance to pay this $600 electric bill. As we were leaving they called and said they can't help because it's not in my name. No agency has rental assistance. We have to move out by Friday. If we don't just 'leave' we'll end up with an eviction on our credit-which will mean we never find a place that isn't a complete dive. So, to avoid that, we're just going to leave. Obviously, we're not taking furniture washer and dryer or beds--just what will fit in our car. I'm listing the rest on CL.

Complex doesn't care that I have O2--they want their money, which i understand.

So--didn't want anyone here to worry when I disappear. We have no where to go--so will not have internet access, obviously.

Patty, I don't know what to say, but think that you should try stickin' it out there while they go through the court process... it will take a few months, and maybe the good fairy of life will come down and help you out. At least you can sell the washer/dryer, etc. I wish there was something I could do to help you. Sending you a hug and a prayer.

I think it only takes a week here to evict someone. But, regardless, that's not the issue. I can't be without electric--as I need the O2. I don't have nearly enough portable tanks. They are shutting it off on Friday--Monday at the latest--If I tell them I can't get it to them before then. Apparently, there are no funds in any of the agencies for electric--unless it's in my name, which it isn't. I've called all over to every agency in the state that helps with utilities and rent. None have rental assistance right now.

Found a mobile home--but he decided it wasn't big enough for two people-which sucks-because it was affordable on my income.

As for selling stuff--I have everything I can think of listed--cell phones, scooter are all I have left to sell. This computer has a broken touch pad--so not worth a dime, don't think.

in ma if it is need for life sustaning they can not shut it off

How come you don't get Hud talk to them also ask some of the larger churches for help even if you don't go to that church

In FL they can't ever shut it off if it's medically necessary--but the electric company isn't the ones shutting it off--it's the complex that is going to shut it off today or Monday. (It can't be shut off after 12 noon on a Friday--I don't think) and it's almost 12 now. Something to do with not being able to reconnect it if it's turned off on a weekend, or just before one.

I don't know what the complex can legally shut it off at all--but they think they can. I missed my appointment with legal aide--as I was in an appt with the county agency--that after hours said they can't help because I didn't have a 'loss' of income and the electric isn't in my name.

My one slim chance is my company teaching CNAs closed within the last 6 months--and can be counted as loss of income--though I have to wait to apply for help from that until my forms come back from SSDI and get the taxes filed--I didn't OWE any money, so I hadn't filed. They won't help if you haven't filed taxes. They also want profit and loss statements for the business--obviously it was at a loss--as I couldn't pay the office rent. I did the numbers--we lost 4k last year with the CNA school. I don't even qualify for the EIC because my company lost money.

I'm just screwed 7 ways to Sunday. I just lost it in the county office. I didn't ask to get sick. I didn't ask to lose everything I owned. I didn't ask for any of this and there is absolutely nothing I can do to fix or change anything.

I've spoken to every agency I can think of--to the tune of 500 cell phone minutes. I'm just done trying. At least the idiots left--came and got the rest of their stuff last night--but left an ungodly mess--the carpet is literally destroyed--I'm sure I'll have to pay for it to be replaced.

And--want the punch line? Of course you don't, but here it is: Once they kick us out=--and destroy my ability to get another decent apartment--they will pay 2k for a deposit and electric deposit somewhere else. Problem here? NO ONE WILL RENT TO YOU WITH AN EVICTION!

Patty. legalities just don't have common sense... I know you've been calling everyone, but have you called your Senator's or Represenative's office? Tell them your situation, and see if they can help? It's amazing how fast things can move when the right person places the call.

Good luck hon.

Oh Patty, I am so so sorry for what is happening to you and your daughter, I wish I could help some how, all I can do is pray for you both and that help for you arrives soon. I will Pray HARD! Love Ya sweet Patty!

Patty I sent you a PM... please check it out.

I just called CCALS to see if they can help, am waiting for a call back... hoping and praying that they can!

I pray 4 yiou!

Patty, this may be a shot in the dark, but, have you considered going public with this. Surely the complex would not want the public to know they are evicting a lady in your situation. I pray that you will find a solution to this terrible mess you are in.

Yes call your television stations and ask them to interview you

Hey Patty, how is your situation right now? I wish I could help you, you're in my thoughts and prayers!

Keeping you in my prayers, Patty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back