Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Mid
Big week... Kiwanis guys build a ramp (posing here with their handiwork) and Project Freedom guys installed an overhead lift system in the bedroom (demonstrating it for us here, lol)

Attachments

• Kiwanis.jpg
    Kiwanis.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 153
  • proj freedom.jpg
    proj freedom.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 171
How wonderful! They look like good guys too. :)

Good deal!

Judy

How awesome, and a Blessing!

They were all very nice. The Kiwanis guys are all retired and volunteer their services. I forget how many ramps they said they built last year, but it was a lot! We gave them sandwiches and coffee since they were here over lunch time and they said it was the first time anyone had ever fed them - I can't believe that! The Project Freedom guys were very nice, too. They were brothers (if you can't tell from the pic, lol) and very professional - installed the system in no time. It might have been a lot for Dad. He's been feeling a bit under the weather the past couple of days, but hoping he's feeling better today.

Awesome! These two additions will certainly make everyone's life easier. What a wonderful group! Hope Dad is feeling better today. Having folks in the house always wears me out too.

That is so awesome! Love the pic of the lift lol!

& how kind of you to provide food & drinks~how generous! :p

>>>>HUGS<<<< hoping your Dad feels better!

Wow, wish those guys lived around here! You know the blessing I've found in all of this are the incredible people, often strangers, who step up and help out. Hope your Dad is feeling better so he can put that ramp and lift to good use! :)

How great for your family!

I believe the sling is suppose to be crossed in the front to keep your legs from spreading apart at least with mine you do

Yes, they showed us that we could use it three different ways, including crossing it to keep the legs together. This was just the funniest pic :)

Sharlene, that is so awesome! I'm so glad y'all found some help with this!

Looking good :D Happy 4 you!

Thanks, all. Dad is still tired. He's just more tired every day it seems. We have to go the VA Tuesday for 4 appts - so we'll be there all day. I'm sure that will be very hard for him. Hopefully, that will be the last of the appts for a while. The big one Tuesday is the power wheelchair consult. Hopefully, we have no issues getting what we need for him.

Both additions look great Sharlene, really great. Try and not worry too much about your dad's tiredness, after a day like that it would take me some several to recover. Stuff like that just wears me out to no end. Again, you done good (as always)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back