Diagnosis
12/2008
Country
UK
State
England
City
Bolton,Manchester
Please when you promise to come out with a comfier chair to put my poor husband out of his misery for the third time, don't ring an hour before and say the chair isn't working ( although you were suppose to have been working on it all weekend to get it ready) and that you will ring me back in an hour to let me know what is happening to then not get back to me after getting my husbands hope up. Do you realize how much a bit of comfort means to these people, anything to help get them through another day, please don't give him false hope, just give us the truth trust me we have handled a lot worse and now we are left in the dark again, at someone else's mercy, How I hate having to depend on others to help me help Mick. Lost a little faith today in humanity. Rant over:sad:

Ang, I'm sorry that you and hubby were let down again... if it helps at all, the hardest thing I find is having to ask and depend on others to do stuff that I totally took for granted. Like turning on a light switch, or opening up a bag of potato chips.

Hoping that they come through for you with an even better chair!

Ang, sometimes when something like this falls through on me I find that something better comes through in the end. I do know how horribly disappointing and hopeless it all is at the time but I really hope (like Helen) that it just means something better is in the pipe line for your Mick.

That's so frustrating. We went through a bit of that. I didn't and still don't like being dependent on people, especially when we need them for equipment and really important stuff. Little things to them maybe but so important to others. Sorry Ang. Yasmin.

I'm so sorry for your Sweet husbands pain, your anguish and the chair fixers lack of skill or responsibility Ang. I pray that the chair is fixed and under your hubby post haste!

That faith in humanity kinda goes out the window a lot of times for cALS and pALS.

I REALLY hope the chair gets delivered in working condition immediately! If only they could BE the pALS for a half hour, I think they would get it!

Ang, So sorry you are having so much trouble. So much disappointment is so not needed, it is tuff enough already. ...I pray he gets it soon. {{HUG}}

Oh Ang how awful. Keeping everything crossed that this will get sorted for you. Hate false hope I do especially if we are trying to keep our husbands positive.

Ang, so sorry you guys were disappointed. I'm hoping today will bring better news or the chair.

Thank you for your responses, ever hopeful for the chair today suppose to be here by 6pm 25mins to go not g our breath though. xxx Ang

I hate seeing my pals get disapointed. Hope your chair comes today.

Did your chair arrive? I really hope it did.

Cervus it came at 7.30 pm it took the two of us to get him in it, but unfortunately it isn't the right one for him. I don't think the realize how much of his body he can't control anymore. After he left Mick couldn't get into a position to urinate (he has lost use of his legs, core and lower arms,hands aren't much use either) So we tried to slide board back onto scooter, couldn't do it so got the hoist down we have upstairs and it wouldn't lift him up high enough to get him out of it. Ended up calling my son to help me lift him out at 11pm by this time Mick was so upset, back in his old chair again today, they are re thinking what to try next, so disappointed. xx Ang

Ang, I'm so sorry you guys had such a rough evening. Thank goodness your son was able to come and help. I hope both of you will get some rest today.
Is this a power wheelchair that you're trying? It's so important that the folks doing the ordering plan ahead for upcoming progression when outfitting the chair.

It's so frustrating not to be able to do stuff that we were even able to do a week or so ago... hoping you find the right fit for him soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back