08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Ya know, I keep trying. Really, I have.

Roommates: won't move, won't pay--I can't afford to evict them--and it takes EVERY CENT of my SSDI to pay my rent--literally.

My doctor is a lousy $30 per month to see--and I haven't been in two months because I can't AFFORD $3.00 to fill a prescription--literally. Medicare is great--if you can pay the co-pays.

Money from my book was eaten entirely by overdraft fees--from a charge I can't seem to dispute--because the company is in Australia. Over $100 gone.

I'm leeching internet from a nice neighbor--and have literally--and I do mean literally--pawned everything I own other than this ancient dying laptop they won't take.

So--yeah, I give up. I CAN'T WIN no matter what I DO. i NEED to see the doc in Tampa--but my car is dying and will in no shape or form make it 100 miles--even IF I could afford gas--which I can't.

Like an idiot--I forgot to re-certify for my medicaid--so it's gone for at least 3 months.

I have very long nails--too long--I realized yesterday--I can't clip them anymore. I don't have the hand strength to close the clippers. Literally--I tried.

I tried to sell my electric scooter for food and gas money---but no one is biting.

I tried to sell my business--but since I couldn't pay the rent--all the supplies are now gone for back office rent.

There comes a time when you just have to say screw it and stop trying. I'm there--so please guys--don't be offended if I'm not here much--I simply have nothing left that's positive to contribute. Nothing at all.

I do fly in and read--and try to answer visitor messages...but posts will be slim.

Love and think about you all, though

notme, you can't give up!, there is Always Hope, even when we can't see it. Especially when we can't see a light at the end of the tunnel. I am Praying for you Hon, it will be ok. Something will happen to change things, of this I am sure. We are here for you, rant away, thank you for sharing with us. There is nothing to hard for our Father above. Hold onto Hope please. I love you, and thank you for all the help you have given to me and all the others. You are prescious to us. Hang on, the light is comming. Love and {{HUGS}}from one who cares soo much.

And it gets worse.

Just opened a letter from my attorney about a fall a few years ago--that supposedly they had been fighting....get this...

"Based on our investigation, it appears that your case is subject to one or more statues of limitation--so we are not going to proceed in the matter."

I FILED THE CLAIM the day after I fell--contacted the store's insurance--- AND HIRED THE ATTORNEY ONE WEEK AFTER I FELL! one week. The statue expired because THEY did nothing. I just can't believe they can do this--and there is absolutely nothing I can do

That is just NOT right! Can you see if you have a free attorneys office, can't remember what they call them but they are out there. I think maybe Legal Aid. Maybe time to sue the stupid lawyer for neglect of duty or something like that? I am so sorry this now has happened. {{HUGS}}

notme, I don't know you well, but I have ready lots of your post. You can't give up, someone that strong and caring can't give up but they can reach out for hands to hold while they go through the darkness. Lots of people here care about you and will come to say so, just watch...I know it. It is always darkest before the dawn and it seems very dark I will admit so the light must be near. Hang on until it arrives. I read something the other night, can't recall who said it or the exactly words and don't want to take the time to look it up but...when you are going through h e l l the important thing is to keep going. Keep going notme, keep going........

search "Florida Office of the Attorney General ", Fl has what was always called a state's attorney office, use the link under "services". see what advice they can give you, I used the MD version years ago, they sorted my problem right out with one letter (free service) ask them about the renter as well..... Thanks Di, sparked my memory.

I say sue the lawyer for negligence...

***LIKE*** what Helen said.

Patty, Go to the Attorney General. Pursue it. Don't give up. Talk to the sheriffs office about the room mates. If they fight call the police so you have documentation they are a danger to you.
Do you have a social worker?

Patty, can you call you Area Agency on Aging? I know you are not "elderly," but, in our state that agency handles those with disabilities also. They might be able to assess that you are in a dangerous situation and have the roommates removed. Something like "elder abuse." It wouldn't hurt to call, anyway.

Can you get to a church pantry for food? What about Meals on Wheels, do they have that in FLA?

I'm sorry if you've already tried all these things. Just trying to help.

I hope life will turn around for you in a good way.

In some places if you go to your town office they can help you with rent, lights, fuel and food. Its worth a try to see if your town does this.

Yes and some churchs also offer help notme. Check some of them out also. {HUG}

Can you just call 911? Even if its not a medical emergency- you could get your foot into the door... they will assign u a social worker.
Not sure about FL, but most states cannot refuse anyone due to lack of money.
Get that social worker to look at your home, your roomates, your empty fridge. Tell them you are not taking your prescribed meds due to lack of money.
I know youre tired. I know youre sick of trying.
I hope you can still see a glimmer of hope.

Patty, some great thought here... My town has a fund to help residents out, is there a Family Services type of dept for your city? I didn't really want to put this out in the public part of the forum, but I've had some help this winter to help pay my oil and electric bills. Our Food Pantry also has funding to help out, not just food. Please call someone and ask...

Patty is there a Food Bank near you or local church with 'mary's table'? maybe take a quick look in your area for 'self-help resources' and you might be able to find groceries for free at least. Even a soup kitchen perhaps would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back