Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NY
City
Syracuse
A couple days ago, I noticed I had 496 posts: I was just about to graduate to Senior Member! I was getting the party invites together, when I looked today and saw I had dropped back to 299! What happened? :)

Me too! I was so happy that I was going to be a senior member..I was about at 485 and it dropped. I believe, the reason is that you no longer get credit for the 'off-topic' threads. You have to post to an older thread, like General ALS/MND, DIHALS, PALS...etc. to get credit.

That's ok, we'll still come to your party! Or should we just go over to the pub and party there?

Any of the group posts are not being counted it seems. Oh well, it's just a number. :)

I was over 2000 posts, and I do not post that much on the other threads.

Weird! I posted here, and it did not add to my total, Posted in a different forum(CALS) and it did count, so I guess I did post a lot in "Off topic"

That's because We are all A little off I dropped back to a newbie

I don't think I mind the member status Or the Very helpful Member status But I think I will skip The senior status I'm tired of getting a a r p stuff

Numbers are mans way of keeping track of ...who cares....just dont like being a senior again.....:-(....at least I get a free cup of coffee at Mc Donalds...LOL

Numbers are mans way of keeping track of ...who cares....just dont like being a senior again.....:-(....at least I get a free cup of coffee at Mc Donalds...LOL

Dang wifi....! !......raindrops must be in the way!....wooooah....thunder also.....wow!.....:shock:

where are our funny faces?

You're right, maybe I don't want to be a senior. I'll stay forever new! :)

it does, however, come in handy when a newbie comes in and is able to see how many posts have been made and what the status of the person is- makes it easier to believe the advice being given, as there is a sense of security with members who have been here longer.
Just sayin

But why am I going backwards...I was a very helpful member to senior member now to just a member..........hmmmmmmmm? ? ? and my posts have dropped also over 1000 posts...:-(.....just sayin

not complaining either just curious, I will help who I can, and hopefully beable to make someone laugh or atleast smile.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it doesn't have to be done but why can't someone just explain it, or if that has been done point me in the direction of the thread (if it's still here that is).

I agree. Mine is going backwards too. We do deserve an explaination.
From what Im gathering, it seems like if we spend most of our time in Off Topic forums, then it doesnt count, or it counts against us.
I guess trying to be "normal" and talking NON als stuff is frowned upon on this site.
Im kinda tired of never getting any explainations.

Is that right? Crikey, I understood that moved (tea) or threads in the off topic section would not now "count'. Fair enough but surely they don't count against your total? Where does it say non ALS talk is frowned upon? What the heck is a Off Topic section for if not for OFF TOPIC?

It doesnt say that anywhere. That is the impression im getting. and with no one coming out to clear it up- well thats just how i feel about it. Not sure why our post numbers would be going down at all. thats the only thing i came up with.
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back