Country
US
State
in the
City
somewhere
I'm sorry I'm an inconvenuebce!

Just put mne bavk in the nurssing home!

I dild'nt thinkj aski nlg to hhacve my teeth brushedd every dday would cause WWIII but I guess I was wrongg! And how about washiing my facee+ Howw oftten do you do these on yyourseelf? II also believe you shower more often jltthan once evejry three days! I don't think I'm asking too muchh.

Anld meal times, when I Am included to be broughht to the dinner table, maybe feed ME a little more often andf YOU a lirtle less so my foodd isn't so ccold! I don'+t like jccold food,,do youi?

I reaslly don't thjink I am asking too mujch. Maybe I'm wrong?

If it's too much, piut me back in the bursing home. At least I gotj a dailly shower abd CNA's to ttlk to.

Jjst a Neww Year vent!

That sucks, maybe you should show them this post! Will you be having a home health aid coming soon, at least to teach basic skills to your kids? I think you need to type up a checklist to post by yourself...

Sending you a hug dear Kimberly...

Kimberly I am so sorry things are this tuff right now! I wish I could help:( I Love You!

Helen,

Homee health came lasst week for the initiasl start up. But my wonderfgul BC/BS is denying everytjing. No sjplints, possibly no wheelchair...they want kme to lie in this f**king hospitasl bed fot the resy of my llife.

Kim was is home health or hospice? I only ask becuz usually hospice is the one that denies equiptment...

Oh my Kimberly! Can't ALSA help you at all? Love you and sending loving thoughts your way.

That really upsets me. The people who say no, have no idea that they are ruining people quality of life. Just like the insurance companys will not pay for a PEG unless you cannot eat anything.Is this where the white lies come in, it's like they make you have to lie for them to the right thing.

Tammy, my husband's insurance paid for his PEG long before he had any bulbar symptoms. (BCBS of TN)

Liz,

It is home health. But the script was from the dr at thje nurdsing home. So fjar 4 splints have been deniedj but 2 differenbt ones approved. Was told by All Med i cal the whheelcchair wijll get denied becjjause of thje cost! Uhm excuujse me, I still pay your F#$%ING high priced premiums, domn't I? I would actualky likeer to meet the people who djcide to pljaay GOD with our lives!

Oh Kim! if I lived closer I would be over every day. I'm so sorry for this. I have BCBS too. They suck big time.

Kimberly. I'm so sorry this is so hard. ALS is hard enough without what you describe on top. Hang in there.

Youve always got a room at my house Kim. Always

Thanks, Liz. E Be prepared when you step outside one morning and find emye cerumpled body on youer doorstep!

Thats just fine with me. We'll get ya all straightened up again. maybe straightened out.... LOL
Either way. I mean it.

Medicare paid over twenty thousand for my wheelchair no problem so if you have medicare they will pay for most everything but only eighty percent of the wheelchair but if you have another insurance it should cover the rest of the cost the only thing I have paid for. was my shower chair.
This week the nurse talk to me about Hospice she said they will come and sit with you, they will bath you and do light house work. Also if you qualified for medicaid you get a shower more often depending on the number of hours you qualify for per week. I get a shower every other day and I am thankful we get that help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back