08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Hey Guys

So--we are barely surviving here, as some of you know. I can teach nursing assisting, with my daughter's help. NO problem, right?

WRONG!

I post my classes on Craigslist--in the proper place--"classes" and EVERY TIME, it's flagged and removed by the other CNA training places within mere MINUTES.

This is how we survive! How we eat. How we pay rent. How I pay for doc copays and prescription co-pays....

WHY can't they just leave me the hell alone? I don't flag any other ads. I teach at most 3 students a month usually (last two months, I've gotten ONE STUDENT) because they won't stop killing my business.

I'm going to lose everything we have if they don't stop. I can't work full-time anywhere. I simply can't.

I don't know what to do. My phone was shut off the 5th. I have internet because it's included in my apartment rent. I have my magicjack which is the only way we can get calls--but my internet is so bad, I can't answer them--I have to let it leave messages and I return calls with a 10 cent a minute trac phone.

I think I need to start flagging them. I know two wrongs don't make a right--but it's damn tempting.

I have 3 weeks to come up with a grand for rent--LET ME SURVIVE idiots!

Hell, maybe I should just give up the school, get a one room studio to live in and just give up.

I know I have much less to complain about than most here--but I'm out of options. I don't have anything left to sell since we lost our stuff in storage.

Done ranting. No replies needed--just needed to rant before I exploded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are they flagging you Patty? Competition? Is there an administrator you can contact about it? Sheesh Lady Poo!

No, they just send an email saying you can submit it again if it's an error. Yes, it's competition. We offer more than other schools at a better price, and our students have a higher pass rate than even colleges do---I'm damn good at what I do.

It's just so frustrating--because I only post every other day per their rules--and I only teach at MOST 2 students per class--and I do one per week. Our 'speciality' is in our small hands-on classes, which students like. So, I posted again and dropped my price by 75 bucks--I have GOT to get a class for next week come hell or high water.

heck with them--I went and flagged their ads. Lets see how they like not being able to make a living.

I think I'm going to try to find an overnight caregiving position somewhere close. Lord knows I know how to take care of people, and at night, they are less likely to need lifted and stuff--which I can't do obviously.

A college degree to teach--and my health lasted not even the entire school year. 100k in student loans that I have no hope of paying back. Some days, it just seems like you can't win for losing. Since I taught special ed with behavior disorders--the doctors wouldn't let me return when I got hurt--too much risk, they said, of more injury.

Maybe there are some computer work at home kind of jobs I could do. It's frustrating, but I can still type.

I miss writing my books--but when your mind is racing constantly, it's hard to be creative. At least my books that are for sale are doing enough to keep the car insurance paid each month--barely.

My book, LINKED, has always had a sequel planned--that I just can't seem to write. My vampire story does, too. (now if I could get the publisher to pay me, it would be just great) I decided not to write that sequel til I get my rights back next July, though. I make more publishing them myself.

My daughter's young adult is almost done, though--and she's going to publish it herself, too--as the publisher that had her last one didn't pay her, so she got her rights back. She actually sold the first story she sent to a publisher--I was so proud :)

We wrote LINKED together in about a month--then spent six months doing the required edits, LOL. I put it out myself when I got the rights back.

Ah well.

Going to watch The Secret Circle and forget problems for a while :)

Oh Patty! When it rains it pours - but this is getting ridiculous. When is the last time you saw the sun?

There must be some way to combat this. Can't craigslist investigate who is flagging your ads then get your business bureau involved or the press? This is too easy to abuse. Are there others places to advertise?

I can't imagine your frustration but try not to lower yourself to their level.

Take care

Patty, wow, let me say it again, wow. Since we all have issue's it would be redundant for me
to say much. I sure don't have the solutions. I am contending with a money issue at this time
that does not begin to compare with your situation.

Can I make you smile? There is a story told about Donald Trump. When he went through his
divorce with Evona, he was not only broke, but deeply in debt, to the tune of some 900 million dollars.
So, the story goes? He and his then girl friend were walking down the street and he saw a homeless man sitting
against a building. He stopped, pointed to the man and remarked. "You see that homeless man, he is
900 million dollars richer than I am."

I hope I was able to make you smile. Also, I would hope there would be some community assitance and or
a local church that could contribute something towards your hardship at this time.
Patty, I know it sounds empty, however, there are those of us who would pray that God would supply your need
by sending the thoughts and ideas that you have into someone else's mind, causing them to step up to the plate
and give you some relief in one fashion or another. My heart does go out to you.

Syber hugs,

Jim

Patty,
Go after the ones that are bumping you off. It's a matter of survival.
You have been through a lot and I really feel for you. It's not easy being the sole provider and not feeling well on top of it.

Thanks guys. I finally did go and bump them off, too. But, I think I'm just going to sell the business if I can--if I can get enough to pay a month or two rent, i have time to figure out something else.

i won't go to Churches and the like--there are too many people much worse off. I'm just going to have to find a job and keep it as long as I can. Something's gotta give.

At this point--McDonalds is starting to be a possibility, lol. Can't we see me flipping burgers. I'd last at least an hour before I fell over. (me and heat=fall over)

I gotta get into the pain doc, took my last morphine today frm my 'emergency' stash (I try to not take my 2nd allowed pill unless I absolutely need to) But even the stash is gone, as it's been 2 months since I've been.

Ah well. Life goes on, right?

I've lost the battle. Listed the school, my computer and my scooter for sale on CL. I'm done trying. The stress is making me physically ill and I've had it.

Thanks guys. Just pray I can sell this stuff, because it's all I own of any value.

Patty, Sure wish I had the answers. I feel so helpless. It is so evident in your
words that you feel that way also. There must be some sort of assistance for you.

Maybe someone will come up with a solution. Mean while, I/we will keep praying
that your answer will come soon and relieve some of this stress.

Hugs,

Jim

It'll be fie Jim. Sometimes, you just need to give it up. The struggling is just more than I can deal with. I gave it my best shot--I really did. I did manage to see the pain doc--my neighbor loaned me the $30 bucks to go. So, I've got my meds for another month at least.

We're not starving--so no one needs to worry that we're not eating. Hey--loss of appetite is GREAT for my diet--and believe me, I have the weight to spare.

My daughter and I were exercising together--but we found out within a few days that I just can't do it. Not worth the increase in pain levels.

For anyone that wants something fun and free to do online, there's a free online game called unicreatures that has cyber pets you can collect. Kills time and is kinda fun.

I know a lot of this is just depression--but there isn't a pill for real issues.

I can't stand feeling useless--and right now, I just know I am--so I'm staying away from here pretty much because you guys are dealing with enough without listening to me whine.

So anyone that reads this thread has been warned. Read at your own risk. But, I will keep my more negative emotions confined to this thread.

Thanks again, Jim. You all do help--even if you don't realize it. Most days, I truly feel like no one in my world would notice if I was gone other than my daughter. It helps to know that online strangers care.

Patty,
I wish I had some insight for you too. All I can say you are loved and respected here. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.
Praying for you,
Susan

O dear one, in isolation we can be convinced of most anything. Try not to be isolated. Insolated is ok. :)
Patty, I truly believe we all have felt alone at times. We are capable of feeling all alone in the midst of a crowd.

There is comfort, but more danger when a animal is in the zoo. The animal is robbed of its natural senses.
It becomes dependent on man and his will and desire for it existence. The animal forgets it is in a cage.
The animal never really gets to live the life it is intended. Being part of the food chain is reality. :)

Patty, you wine and I will bring the cheese. :) Love you girl.

Jim

For me, Jim, isolation is a good thing. I'm not fit company for anyone,, believe me. Other than the grocery store and the pain doc, I haven't left the apartment in a month.

I'm not safe driving. My daughter is tired of playing chauffeur and I can't blame jer. She's not even 30, and has no life either...and that's my fault. She moved back home in 2007 after the stroke. Now, I think she stays because she knows I can't support us without her help. It's not a child's job to take care of the parent...but now, I have told her she needs to find a job and have a life.

We don't have friends anymore. Where would we meet people? Neither of us goes anywhere. I've lost touch with all my old Virginia friends...and my daughter won't even accept a date with a really nice guy from our local gas station. That's my fault. Her life has to stop revolving around me or her depression will get worse. I'm glad she's exercising and still writing. Her new.books are good...she must needs to believe me and publish them.

An well. Another day. Things have to look up soon. They can't get much worse.

I got one reply on the school sale. We can hope they buy it. Nothing on the computer, scooter or wheelchair. At least they don't flag those ads, lol.

Thanks again, guys. I know my whine fest is getting old.

Hi Patty--I am so sad to see you so sad. sometimes things are so unfair it just sucks. You said you have a teaching degree--have you looked into being an online teacher for the state? there are more and more school districts that are requiring students to do online classes to graduate. also some of the tutoring companies also do online tutoring.

I am also impressed that you wrote and published a book. Wow! so many people (myself included) dream of doing that but do not have the umpf to get it done (myself included).

I wish I could do something for you other than offer you my friendship...

Patty, you whine all you like, isn't that what this is all about. If people don't want to read then they don't have to.
You are having it tough. So is your daughter. She must be an amazing young lady and it says to me, that you are an amazing mother. Bad mums, just do not have children that care and are responsible.
I hope your stuff sells and you get a bit of a financial break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back