Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
US
State
CA
City
Roseville
I have a cold! UGH! Really?!?!? I have washed my hands, used sanitizer, taken extra vitamins and loads of EmergenC and this is what I get?!?!? I am beyond frustrated.

I haven't been around much because I don't feel like I have anything positive to add to the mix right now. I am having my own little pity party and frankly, does it really matter?

My handsome, loving, FUN husband is wasting away in front of me. And there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. Yesterday was awful. I am hoping he has fun today - a friend is picking him up and taking him to a potluck at work. He did one of his world famous smoked pork butts for sandwiches that I know all will enjoy. But, the honest truth is he only did about 30 per cent of the work. And it just about killed him. He was exhausted. And I am too.

I don't know what to do.....or feel. The kids are starting to be affected by everything too. I just can't seem to cope.

ALS sucks, in case you were wondering.:x:cry:

We love you anyway! Plus, you can rant with us and we'll listen too :)
Take a deep breath and only do what you can do. Your not superwomen.

I am sorry you are sick and are feeling angry. It is hard to watch our loved ones go through this and it is very unfair. Everyone has the right to feel angry and if you want to give yourself a pity party you go right ahead and do it. I hope you know we are here for you when you need to vent and I hope you are soon feeling better. I hope your husband has a great time today. Thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

Dana

Precious Meg...

Feel the arms around you? Feel the warm of our love that we are sending to you? It is there, sweet Meg. You are tired from being dragged down by the viral bug.

Take some time for you while hubby is away. Focus on what your have in your life that makes life worth living. You are strong and capable of so much. By presenting yourself as a loving and caring mother, you are showing your children how they should live their lives.

Take pleasure in the little things, love...

Prayers are with you...

Kaye

Meg, I'm so sorry you have a cold! Hope you get well soon!

I understand your frustration and why you are so down. It is very hard to raise children and basically be two adults at once.

Hang in there! Sending you a warm blanket and smiles...

I hope you feel better. You are correct ALS does suck and you are smart to come here to vent! We are here for you. I wish I could take away your pain, I feel as any words I say will sound hollow. So I will just pray for you and your family. Stay strong and keep the faith!

Meg get it out girl, Als does suck! i love you and hope your cold gets better soon!

I'm in that same boat with you! What you say is what I feel too. It is all heartbreaking! I'm angry too! Grrrr! ALS SUCKS! Reading your post helps me to get it out too! ....that angry awful helpless feeling! Thanks! Whew...... I feel for you all! *Cyber Hugs*

I am also sorry that you are sick. It sometimes happens even when you do all the right things. The truth is there are germs around, and when we are stressed our resistance is lower.

As for not being around because you don't feel you have anything positive to contribute, I beg to differ. We are all in different places at any given time, but we are all in the same boat. Your post today helped KissJ cause it is just what she has been feeling. She needed someone who would understand it, and there you were. I hope you both find some comfort and freedom in this. The group needs you both.

Meg I too feel your pain. I am so tired and feel helpless at times. I only hope you can still make each other smile and laugh. When those times come up and I see him smile. Makes me feel like I am doing something good. Could not even explain it just makes me feel good to see I can still make him smile.

My favorite thing to say--ALS SUCKS! (And so do colds). Hang in there baby--don't feel guilty about a little pity party either--you are awesome.

There are no words. I hope the cold passes quickly and that your hubby enjoyed the outing at least.
It helps to rant! Rant away, sweetie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back