Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Sleeping all day. Out tramping all night. Treating our home like a hotel.

Coming in and demanding dinner then heading straight out again. Some times we won't see her for days - never letting us know where she is.

Every day a new boy waiting outside for her. I don't even want to know what she is doing to be so popular.

She has already abandoned 3 children - she was barely an adolescent when she first got pregnant.

I used to console myself that she was at least very sweet and loving - but the other day I watched as she smacked one of her friends.

Every time I try and talk to her it is as if we are speaking two different languages - she pretends not to understand me - or she tries to win me over by being all affectionate.

I'm really at a loss - she's out of control.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that last week she came in covered in fleas!

are you talking about your daughter or a dog?............sorry,the flea bit confused me.

Richard,

Not to sound ignorant. But you're talking about your teenage daughter?

I'm sorry you're going through this! Girls are so hard to raise. I told my 18 yr old daughter, Hannah that if she didn't abide by the rules she needed to leave. She left right before her 18th bday and this is my 4th child of 6, my 3rd daughte. She does come home, on certain days, when she needs a ride to USC (college) and this from the girl who graduated as valedictorian of her class!

It's not like she's stupid and she works full time and goes to school full time.

Is there a step-father in the pic because I would check that first. You need to sit her down and tell her rules r made 4 a reason. She has a little sister and she will probably idolize her at some point. Ask her if she wants her little sister to be doing GOD knows what. You don't need to ask her about sex, boys or drugs right now! Just grab her sit her down and be strong. Remember I have your back; you are not sitting there alone!

I wish I could help more. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Much Love to You,

Kimberly

She sounds exactly like mine! Mouthy, dining habits are appalling! She climbs all over the furniture! Even takes a swipe at me if I take warm laundry out from underneath her! And she steals my clothes if she takes a liking to them! We slave away so she can have a good life. It's Lily's world and we're just in it.

MEOWWWW!:lol:

oh,are we talking about a cat?
having had two boys and one girl i have to say my boys have been the worst.

oliver god rest his soul (27-10-07)had mood swings if he did not get what he wanted or give him attention.
honestly,he would snub his nose in the air and turn his back on you in a huff and if you called his name he would just sit there ignoring you.

daisy,is a sweet heart but way too nosey for her own good.........typical women lol.
she will let you stroke her but i have to tell people to be carefull as she can suddenly bite.

i have to say oscar my ginger tom is the worst,like yours richard.
we only see him twice a day in summer for feeding,he has a younger girlfriend called pixie and there always together when out.
we got an electronic cat flap installed in the outside wall,you put a coller on them with a magnet key.............well theres a story.
he came back home without it and i was annoyed as the keys are expensive to replace.
i put another on him and one morning i woke up to a strange sound..........his key had stuck to the radiator and he was stuck!.
so untill we can replace the flap with a new one we have to let him in at 12-1am then out at about 4am then back in again around 6am...........if we dont he howls the place down.
honestly if i did not love him he would be off to the rspca or cats home as he is too much work.

Yeah, I do love mine too. I had a big yellow boy several years ago that LOOOOved me. A bit too much. He was always all over me! I miss him still.

Last edited:
Now that cracked me up! Richard........you are a tease. I was feeling sorry for you till I read the " fleas" bit.
Aly

It sounded so familiar I knew who he was talking about from the start! LOL!

My orange tabby Oliver rules the neighborhood, helps himself via the cat door to the neighbor's (3 houses down, mind you) cat's food, and stares down any dog that dare bark at him. He was born in a barn, I figured that he wasn't scared of dogs, they were alot smaller than cows.

I had one that was like yours Richard, Flicka, was out traipsing around a parking lot, came in as a pregnant teen, and had a baby. Then another one... not a big litter, just one. Prettiest cats, pure white with a gray "racing stripe" on their foreheads.

Now Liza, our other current cat is a born serial killer, there are carcasses of chipmunks around my yard all the time...

Haha...kitty....they have a mind of their own. I thought you were talking about your teenage daughter too! lol. :)

My Annabelle used to prowl the night and leave "presents" for us by the back door. Once I even found a live geko in our bedroom without a full tail! I released him back in the yard to be chased by Annabelle another day.

Too funny Richard!

I'm sorry - I'm talking about my cat Mittens.

My apologies to anyone who was deceived. Kimberly - thank you for your heartfelt response. The advice will come in handy as my daughter gets older. I know the teenage years will be a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back