Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Highland
Ok, First of all, I am on a restricted diet because I choke...as most of you I am sure can relate to. There is one treat for me that I have still managed to eat( well I kind of suck on it till it dissolves more than anything) besides being restricted to soft food diet. What is it?

Fudge Cookies...mmmm:p

Yeah weird I know, but I have a thing for chocolate and it curbs that craving.

Anyway, this is my treat that I buy myself and eat slowly but surely.

My brother's girlfriend...who is fine...I don't really have issues with her has been with my brother for about 6 years now. She finds herself to be quite at 'home' in our home and eats and drinks anything she can. Sometimes I wonder if she purposely comes to our house hungry to eat or wait to go out to dinner and eat an expensive meal...oh and she eats like a trucker. Seriously, she matches and sometimes eats more than my 22 year old brother. Anywho, she has been spending more and more time at our house and it is getting kind of annoying.

She used to stay couple hours...fine. This whole week though she would be staying an average of 6-7 hours during the day. Last night was the final straw. She rummaged through the pantry (mind you I hide my cookies in the back because others like to eat them) and she pulls out of the back my brand new cookie bag. She claims 'look what I found oreos!" (stupid she couldn't even read what they were) She takes them to the table, my brother says oh good and they get out the milk and go to town. I just stared at them and wondered how many they were going to eat. This morning I went to the pantry to see the damage and cried. They ate all but 3 cookies. A whole cookie bag gone. :sad:

As more of my body detoriates day to day there are just small things that keep you going, and keep you eating that is. She ate my food. She took that luxury away from me. Now, mind you I am sure it sounds to you all that I have EL like crazy right now and I am crying over a bag of cookies. But it is more than that. It is the fact that she took away my independence. My food. (By the way, there were 3 other kinds of brand new cookies in the pantry that were in front of mine..she pushed those aside). It just shows she doesn't respect me enough or our family to ask if it is okay to eat these. Or even say thank you after she has eaten a $25 steak at another nice restaurant that is paid for by my parents or myself. I am tired. I am tired of this stupid disease, I am tired and sad that one of the luxuries in my life actually is a bag of cookies. And the saddest thing is that she will never understand or get it. She is not stupid, but she is not bright either. She just says 'oh those were yours...sorry...you can get more later." I am tired of ignorant people. That is all.

Oh how so rude! But, where was your brother in all this?

Eating right along with her. He didn't give it a second thought. His hunger comes first apparently...he can be quite immature at times...and he is in one of those times now.

I had a roommate like that. Very rude indeed. Maybe you should keep them hidden under your bed or in your night stand or something.

First off, you need to tell them exactly how you feel about your cookies. if they dont get it then they are real jerks. They are not just cookies they represented something special to you and you have few too many bright spots in your life i am sure. Second off, hide your special treats in your underwear drawer--I've been hiding expensive cookies and candy in mine for years from my kids and no one wants to look in there!

When all you have left is a few things to bring you a little bit of pleasure, it is difficult to see that taken away... particularly by someone who does not have ALS-imposed limitations.

I keep some food products in my bedroom that are just for me. Maybe you can do that.

I'm sorry this was done to you. I wish you all the cookies you want as long as you can manage them.

Just tell them you would like the exact same cookies back by tomorrow! You obviously already told them you bought them for yourself. If they won't comply, ask your parents what they think you should do as far as "hiding" your pleasurable calories that will help keep your weight on. This kinda puts it on parents, as it sounds like they are enabling the both of them, so they should also help you at the very least!

Rude Rude Rude... clueless as well. You need to tell them how upset it made you, I mean can you just run out and buy another bag yourself, or is it a big process like it is for me? It may seem petty that it's about a bag of cookies to them, so be sure to tell them it isn't about the actual cookies, it was the attitude that it was there for the taking, when they knew they were yours. Make them replace them asap!

Having said that, I agree that you need to either put your name on it if you want to leave them downstairs, or get a nice tupperware container and keep them in your room or special spot in the fridge, etc. Make sure others know it's yours. I tell everyone in my house that they can have a diet pepsi if there are any in the fridge, but you NEVER take my last one! Or my chocolate...

I hope they realize how hurt you are before you have to say anything to them, but clueless is clueless.

We have a suitcase like cooler that I put all of my husbands "special" food in. We have 3 teenagers living in our house! His Popsicles are in the freezer, and the kids know to ask if they can have one.

Tell them plain and simple. Paws off my food.

Now that I started thinking about this, do they still make Ex-lax? Boy wouldn't that be a hoot, if you could get a friend to bake some brownies or chocolate cookies with special ingredients! Or further yet, joke with them about the next batch they gobble up might have something in them (and you're not talking green stuff). Then sit a few "placebo" bags in the cabinet with a few of the the real thing (Ex-Lax). Wouldn't that be ironic?!? Which to choose, which to choose? Your own little lab rats right in your kitchen! ;)

Oh, don't forget to have friend mark/decorate the bags, so you'll know what's what! Like your friend was really decorating the bag for you. Maybe an extra mark on the good ones, so they don't notice. LOL Homemade brownies, mmmmmmm!

It sounds like they have no respect for you or your parents, so go for it!

Last edited:
I am so sorry, That was just plain EVIL of them! I would get a lock and key for all the cabinets. They just might get the hint!? Ya think?

you need to put your foot down while you still can,they are taking advantage of your good nature and freeloading.
i dont eat much sweet stuff but whenever i have a craving my son has devoured everything,so i keep a stash of chocolate or something in my wardrobe.

cj,i love your wicked sense of humour.

I might try asking the girl:
"When you come by tomorrow could you brighten my day by bringing me my own bag of cookies?"
And if she delivers:
"You don't know how much happier I am to see you with treats for me."

That would make me cry and scream too, Kell. What's wrong with people?

As CJ suggested, ex-lax is a good idea - or maybe stick a mousetrap in the cookie bag. Or maybe paste a sign on the cupboard "This food was specifically purchased for my modified diet. Please respect"

It might also give you some satisfaction by adding "neet" to her shampoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back