09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
This was posted by one of my F B friends

So, watched the CBS Previews show tonight. The new show Two Broke Girls, made a joke about "you're slower then Steven Hawking putting on a cuff link". Why on earth do people think ALS is something funny. My husband makes fun of himself and that's fine, but people not living it, or knowing nothing about it and making jokes are out of line as far as I'm concerned. ALS is not a joke it's pure Hell for all involved.

AND I Posted this

Here is the site to complain about the Steven Hawking joke made on the new show Two Broke Girls! Flood them with complaints!

Feedback Form on CBS

They wouldn't be laughing if they had it and had to go through what we do.

Thank you sadiemae,
I have sent in my comment of extreme disappoval for such an uncaring, hurtful, and unconscionable joke as this to CBS.

That pisses me off. Shame on them.

I sent in my complaint! Shame on them!

I remember trying to put cuff links once after I was diagnosed...it did take a long time and it was an exercise in frustration.

I personality don't find this offensive. It is not mean or disparaging like the comments made by those two moronic shock jocks.

It is really just an observation.

And who knows...maybe it might put viewers' minds to how ALS impacts the day to day activities of life. "That would suck"

I sent CBS a message. I take it offensivelly!

Would it be OK to make a joke about Michael J Fox or Muhammed Ali? I think the general public would be up in arms, and I do not think CBS would go there. I told Les, and he found it offensive too!

The ignorance of people and especially t.v. shows sent out to the masses makes me so angry and sad. I wrote in my complaint. I relatedd it to saying would they do the same thing for someone who had a more well known disease like cancer- ie. would you tell someone there new hair cut looked awful and they should just shave it off so they look like a cancer patient....i think not. Maybe it will make them think twice before making such a stupid comment.

it's no way as near offensive as the radio talk show ...........but still they should not make little jibes about such a devestating disease.
the general public need educating,i thought the adverts they had on a year or two ago were brilliant.
though some people found them shocking i thought thats what was needed to get the publics attention.

another thing................why do they keep picking on a british pal!

if i get sent to the twighlight zone one more time i am going to commit cyber murder!

complaint sent... making fun of anyone suffering any kind of disease is unacceptable. Something tells me we would never hear anything about cancer...

sent a complaint as well...

I sent my complaint. You think they would think it was funny if it was one of their love ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back