Funny...I use this thread more than others...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmendsley

Distinguished member
Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Highland
I never knew I was such a ranter. Kind of weird..I am actually very reserved and quiet in 'real' life.

Today is a hard day. I am still working and today was one of those days where I was contemplating writing my 2 week notice at my work desk. The boss, for whatever reason, has been in an incredibly bad mood this week. I got the hell of it today. I was belittled, told I was nothing but an ASSISTANT who was not in control of anything and was only good for little tasks that no one else wanted to do. That was fun to hear.

Funny thing is I didn't do anything. I am a very respectful person to others, and kept asking "what did I do?" "What made you think I was disrespectful?" Never got a clear cut answer. Then boss took complete credit for a job I had done...and when the person said oh I thought Kelli had that job. She denied it saying she picked out all of the books for the assignment and I had absouletely nothing to do with it...which was total BS. I picked the books, the materials, and had them at my desk..what part of that is hers..besides maybe that she bought the book for the office?

Finally, I did an assignment and cc it to her before sending it to the person...like she has always requested cause she doesn't trust me for God knows whatever reason. I have done every assignment and have never let her down, besides maybe a time when she complained I couldn't read her mind. She wrote back saying it was horrible and not to send it and she would just end up doing it.

I was told I was incompetent and dissrespectful for no reason today. Um yeah, life is too freakin' short, for this c*&p. That letter just might have to be written. :|

What comes around goes around, you get what you give, etc. I have learnt, and am still learning, to smile when people are mean and wonder when and where they will get their comeuppance! Often makes me smile. Pooh I am a vengeful person lol.
If you can afford it tell them to stick it, just wait for those final tests to be completed. We are all still hopping for a miracle for you Kelli. :)

I second that motion Aly! Kels you are a strong person! Try being a little :evil:...lol

Take notes about these outbursts. Sounds like they're building a case on you.

AL.

I'm hoping, whatever the final diagnosis, that you will be able to walk in and quietly submit your resignation. I would suggest, beforehand, this song: In the Air Tonight, by Phil Collins. Crank it up and listen closely.

I also agree with Al. Be careful.

Al may be right... document your work on a personal flash drive, or print and keep copies at home about what your projects; then you'll have backup if you need it. For instance, she said your work was crap basically, see if you can get a copy of the final to see if she actually made any changes to it whatsoever.

I would also document when your boss throws you under the bus in a journal so you'll have a clear pattern of her behavior. It really sucks that people are like that to begin with, but hold on if that job has disability benefits, you'll not be doing yourself a favor by leaving if they do.

Good luck

Ha benefits...right. That is what I was hoping for to get a full time position so I could get those benefits...that was supposed to happen last month...boss keeps 'conviently' putting it off...now it seems like AL said that they are slowly building a case against me. I have a written a journal on what she said today; and taking all of your advice to heart. Have also asked for a meeting and will be addressing some concerns but not replying to her. Just going to let her talk and will take a paper in to record her responses. ..so I make sure I 'understand' everything right. It is also to cover my behind so I can take those notes higher up if it gets to that point...I think she will be a little more guarded in what she says if she sees it all going down in writing.

I tell you with that horrible teacher, this job, and this health...well at least I am getting a 'second chance' on the health :) Sigh, tomorrow will hopefully be a better day. Thanks all for the replies... :)

Document, document , document like Helen said. That is your ace in the hole if you need to build a case.

I dunno. You have a probable diagnosis and a definite diagnosis of ALS. Right? Can you call the social worker at the ALS clinic (I think you were seen there) and ask them for the pro bono attorneys in your area? They may be able to advise you on this. Or, I'm sure there are disability orgs that have advocates to help those in your area that are being pushed out of the work place.

I'm unclear if you have let them know you have ALS or probable ALS. That would make a BIG difference.

If you have a small tape recorder, slapping it on the table makes them play nice.

AL.

Well unless you think its a grand conspiracy by the whole company...... I would request a formal meeting with an hr representative present to address this. Sounds like she treats you with NO respect and as a whipping horse anyway so what would you have to lose?

Her behavior is verbal abuse and should not be tolerated by any company.

And if that doesn't work I'll come open up a can of whoop a$$ on her!

kelli,i had a similar problem.
no nastiness but they outright tried to push me out of my job that i loved,asked for my written resignation.
said i was not up to the job and not reliable anymore..............it pi**ed me off because i had always worked holidays,covered others who were sick but i went in when i was sick..
i had to cut my hours to partime the last few months of work as i could no longer manage fulltime...............i was 100% sure the doc's would give me meds and i would get better so i did not want to give my job up.
i then found out they were making me involintarily redundant,they calculated my redundancy pay on partime hours.........sneaky gits.
i had to fight and show i had worked fulltime all those years,i did get what i was entitled to.
would rather have kept trying to work but had to admit it was no longer possible.

keep a record of any inccidants and if you can take it to the person at the top,they have to put your best intrests as a disabled person first..............its criminal if they dont,then you can sue there arses.

Yup told today I wans't 'reliable' because I was sick...even though I have missed only two days because I was sick since starting back in April...and that is all. Told as well that there wasn't a full time position EVER promised to me and not even sure the job would exist by next month...ie I would be laid off. Thanks for letting me know! you freakin' jerk. I got hired on the false pretense that I would be getting a full time job in 3 months, and now am being let go because of the 'economy'..yeah..I am sure that is the only reason. Dammit...and I don't even think I am up to physically do anything anymore till I am given a diagnosis, this all really sucks.

At least she did freak out though when I started to write everything down...every two seconds she kept saying..."I am not the one on trial! You are! You don't need to write this down. "I ignored her and kept writing :)

OMG! This woman is an idiot! HR needs to be informed of her total lack of intelligence regarding letting a person go from their job.

Saying you weren't
'reliable' because (you were) sick
, is clearly WRONG! I bet she doesn't sleep tonight, or the whole weekend, for that matter! Good job - taking notes!

You may have a lot of time on your hands, now. Here's info for you from government, if you'd like to pursue...

"The ADA protects you from discrimination
in all employment practices, including: job
application procedures, hiring, firing...

What should I do if I think my
ADA rights have been violated?
You should contact the nearest office of
the Equal Employment Opportunity
Commission (EEOC). Someone will help
you determine whether you should file a
charge of discrimination. Charges may be
filed with the EEOC in person, by mail, or
by telephone.
There are strict time frames for filing
charges of employment discrimination.
In most states, you have 300 days from the
time the alleged discrimination occurred to
file a charge, but in some states you may
have only 180 days. The EEOC field
office nearest you can tell you which time
period applies to you. However, you
should file a charge as soon as possible
after you believe the discrimination occurred.
To contact the EEOC, look in your telephone
directory under U.S. Government or
call 1-800-669-4000 (voice) or
1-800-669-6820 (TTY)."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back